Author Topic: Getting Map downloads easier into the game!!  (Read 1878 times)

dragonr1der

Getting Map downloads easier into the game!!
« on: August 03, 2012, 08:10:30 pm »
You all know how to get maps into the game? why doesn't FH make a easier way to get maps into the game. wouldn't this get more people into Maped Rp's? And make more people understand how to do it? Post your thoughts about it.

Offline LeaderKovu

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 33
    • View Profile
Re: Getting Map downloads easier into the game!!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 09:51:48 pm »
Well you cant really make it easier then keeping it well organized in a easy download with instructions. Since FH has a lot of codes its kinda hard to make it easier. Once you do if a few times I think you will thinks its easy. XD

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 11:11:21 pm »
I think it's pretty easy to download maps... download some files, stick em in a folder, viola. If it's difficult for someone to do, it's most likely because:
A) they are new to using computers and simply don't understand
B) the map itself does not work by fault of the map's creator.

We have tutorials on the forum about how to install maps etc., and truthfully it's not that hard at all.
Honestly, it would be hard to think of an "easier" way to get maps into the game-- that's just my opinion.

dragonr1der

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 12:04:27 am »
I know how and all. There just needs to be a easier way :3 be meaning downloading it onto the computer.. and going to the home and have a little screen do put the download in. that would be my idea. kind of.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 03:05:09 pm »
I honestly think that installing and using custom maps is EXTREMELY easy. Sure it could be all a 100% automated process in which you click a download button in your browser and a few seconds later you had it in the game, but that would be overdoing things if you'd ask me, question would be who would want and could make this happen? There's probably many things that could be worked on besides this, the installing and sharing of custom maps thats is not really tricky at all.

Especially if you compare with other games in general that exist out there. I just don't see any point of making something easy, easier, when there's other things that could be thought about.

To point at wolfies post, the only reason it wouldn't work would be because the one wanting a custom map really never used computers that much for other than browsing the internet, or the map itself would not be made correctly.
Former community manager of FeralHeart