Author Topic: Shadow of the Colossus  (Read 1656 times)

Offline WarriorMoo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Love and Bazookas!
    • View Profile
Shadow of the Colossus
« on: August 09, 2012, 05:40:17 pm »
Now I KNOW there are people out here who have played this game.

| | Shadow of the Colossus | |

In this game, you play as a lone warrior who has travelled to a forbidden land in hopes to revive his lost love from the dead. Guided by a mysterious voice named Dormin, the warrior and his horse Agro must travel to several corners of the land to slay a total of sixteen behemoth monsters, called colossi, in order to bring his love back alive, or so Dormin says.

While the plot might seem boring at first (Considering it doesn't start to unravel until you're far into the game,) As well as the fact that there is little to interact with in the world; no villages, no people, and no items to obtain, the game has amazing graphics for one that was released in 2005, not to mention that it's for the PS2.  It also has a colorful set of monsters you have to fight (Albeit the only monsters you have to fight in the entire game,) in colorful enviroments that you have to use to your advantage to slay them. The music is downright emotional and sounds quite unique to any other game that revolves around slaying monsters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWInWdKBIVs

^
This is what you hear each time you kill a colossus. Compare that to what you hear in Zelda :>

Since there are sixteen colossi in total, you also have a wide range to pick a favorite.
For example, my favorite is No. 8, Kuromori (With which I would happily provide you with a link, if ads didn't latch onto it like the vermin they are :>)

The game is rated T for some blood (Mainly from the colossi) and violence but that's about it.
Anyways, share your own comments and compliments about this amazing game.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 05:47:22 pm by WarriorMoo »
"BAZOOKA!"

^ Sofas are awesome.

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
    • View Profile
Re: Shadow of the Colossus
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 06:06:21 pm »
I. Love. This. Game.

I can play it for hours, I never tire of the wide expanse of land you can explore, and riding Argo (and though I am a HUGE Legend of Zelda fan, riding Argo in this game is more realistic and fun! I still love riding Epona, though!). The battles with the colossi themselves is amazing, the graphics are fantastic and with the choice of music I can literally get lost in this game. Even fighting them multiple times doesn't bore me, I look forward to it!

My favorite boss may have to be Phalanx, can't remember which number he was but I think it was 13..? Very hard to pick from, though, cause they're all so fun (and creepy) to fight against XD
Now I wish I had it! But we had to get rid of the PS2 awhile back, and we lost the game while we were moving ._.
The Hobbit

"Where did you go to, if I may ask?" said Thorin to Gandolf as they rode along.
"To look ahead," said he.
"And what brought you back in the nick of time?" "Looking behind,"...

Offline Riku Soma

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • :D
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook add me if you want
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 08:09:19 pm »
I love Shadow of the Colossus so much! I had it when it first came out and I played it so much. I had close to 600 hours on a save >> The music is also amazing and my favorite boss was Gaius the 3rd one the I always had trouble with was Barba the 6th one. There was just something about having to run and quickly jump over those walls to get to the end of the room with him right behind you that scared me lol

CloudFish

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 02:03:54 am »
game has and will always be one of favorites. for a game with only bosses, it is one of the most enriching and grand-scale games i've ever played. the entire mood and atmosphere of the game is one that can't be explained but only experienced. as it has been called before, if video games were art, this would be the mona lisa of the gaming world

the music, the graphics (far pushing the ps2 system, i can only imagine what it would have looked like if it were /made/ for the ps3) the bosses, the locations

all of these make for an experience any gamer should go through

Offline cloudfire

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 05:43:14 am »
Looks like a cool game.

? Signature by Pokrovka ?