Author Topic: Feralheart + black map error  (Read 2729 times)

Offline kattasmith

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Feralheart + black map error
« on: August 15, 2012, 02:47:42 am »
I downloaded Feralheart + and it works fine except when i log in. When i log in and choose a character i appear in a map thats just black and doesnt have a name. I try returning to home but it says Map File Cannot be Found! I cant go anywhere except run around a black environment.
I tried changing to Direct3D rendering system but "d3dx9_42.dll" was missing from my computer so i downloaded it and when i switch rendering systems it closes down on me. I really need help cause it seems so cool!

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Feralheart + black map error
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 02:59:25 am »
Hey Kattasmith you have to read what it says on the FeralHeart+ download section (at least I think this is what you're going through cause I went through this same problem yesterday with the same error message). If you are planning to play it you first have to get your character in Bonfire on the regular version of FeralHeart and set Bonfire as the home since the Lonely Cave is not in FeralHeart+. Once you do that the game should work without the black screen. Just make sure that whatever characters you are going to use in FH+ have their home set as Bonfire or Ficho etc and are in one of the regular default maps because if they are in any of the Atlantis, South Pole, SkysRim, or any other of the newer maps on regular FH when you switch to FH+ you'll be in the blackness. I hope it works for you.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 03:05:01 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline reseme

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 09:59:24 am »
Ive tried setting Bonfire as home for one of my Characters and when I logged in it was still a black map. (the character i logged into was the one with Home set to Bonfire)

DO NOT USE THE IMAGE ABOVE IT TOOK ME FOREVER TO MAKE IT!

Offline Mea_WolfenX

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
  • Mea_WolfenX
    • MeaWolfenX
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 11:31:11 am »
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=13593.0

That Is The Help Forum For FeralHeart+ [[credit to sameth for the earlier post]]

If It doesnt help you could save your FeralHeart+ folder [[while installing]] To A Complete Different Folder [[EXAMPLE - Documents/FHPLUS]]
I Am Mea_WolfenX...

http://tinyurl.com/dxaw8ck <My FH Creations ... FH Preset Creations > https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=60376.0
http://soulsoflegacy.boards.net/ < Owner Of

Offline Raphilion

• HOLD MY MOM
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • WARNING: I'm a bad friend
    • View Profile
    • DA profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 09:09:01 pm »
You peeps must read the original post -_- That link is the correct fix to the wrong issue.
You can either download the fhLonelyCave.fhm map and place it in your C:/FeralHeart+/Exports folder, as explained in This tutorial.
Or, if you have also downloaded the original FeralHeart.. then go here: C:/feralHeart/media/terrains/fhmaps and copy the fhLonelyCave.fhm file then paste it in your Feralheart+/Exports.

My Canyon Map
Avatar by the Awesome Ruji / Michala

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 02:16:30 am »
You peeps must read the original post -_- That link is the correct fix to the wrong issue.
You can either download the fhLonelyCave.fhm map and place it in your C:/FeralHeart+/Exports folder, as explained in This tutorial.
Or, if you have also downloaded the original FeralHeart.. then go here: C:/feralHeart/media/terrains/fhmaps and copy the fhLonelyCave.fhm file then paste it in your Feralheart+/Exports.

That issue is addressed in my post above, my "How to fix the black screen" tutorial also covers that, directly linking to my own thread that you posted :3

Offline Raphilion

• HOLD MY MOM
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • WARNING: I'm a bad friend
    • View Profile
    • DA profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 08:18:32 am »
*facepalm* Yeah, I thought that thread only covered the one issue. Then I read the first paragraph containing link regarding the other issue. Sorry bout that. ^^

My Canyon Map
Avatar by the Awesome Ruji / Michala