Author Topic: Map Problem!!  (Read 783 times)

Offline cosmorphia

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Take me to RAINBOWLAND
    • View Profile
Map Problem!!
« on: August 15, 2012, 03:29:07 am »
Hi!! I really need help. Ok so I'm making a new map, and when I try to put in the height map it says "FeralHeart.exe has stopped working." I tried it 2 times. I also want to know if anyone else has this problem. If so, please tell! I think it might be my computer. It has alot of crap. o3o I want to show you a list of exactly what I did.

-I opened GIMP 2 to make the height map. I did a 513x513 grayscale.
-I made the map.
-I made a new folder and a new map to put it in.
-I put it in the folder and opened up FeralHeart.
-I went to Map Maker and went to World then I put in the picture name. (I had it on .png too)
-A pop up showed and it said "FeralHeart.exe has stopped working. Windows is looking for a solution for this problem." So I closed it and tried again. It said the same thing.
Please help!

SoulRevenge

Re: Map Problem!!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 05:37:35 am »
Make sure your map has nu Alpha Channel or any transparancy of that sort.
Also, did you remember to put your map into the FeralHeart folder, rather than just a new folder at a random place?

And usually when I make a map on my own, it 'stops working'', so I simply open my map back up in GIMP, all while having the Watermill terrain open- and then I just copy-paste it over.
Afterwards, I just simply 'save as' (and Flatten the layers) another terrain, like 'larryTerrain.png' into the 'terrains' folder.

Offline cosmorphia

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Take me to RAINBOWLAND
    • View Profile
Re: Map Problem!!
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 10:55:52 am »
Well, I was follow a tutorial. I did delete the Alpha channel and I saved it in the "Terrains" Folder. Also I will try what you do after school :3 Thanks!