Author Topic: Mask layers keep merging?  (Read 1159 times)

Offline Blue_Apples

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Mask layers keep merging?
« on: August 20, 2012, 04:45:48 pm »
When I try to make a mask the different terrains keep merging. I'll put down grass for a hill then rock for a river and the rock mask covers up the grass and the rest of the map. What is happening?

Thierry

Re: Mask layers keep merging?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 04:50:38 pm »
If you put a screenshot i can get a better idea of your problem, but i believe you are using the colors in the wrong way.

The mask should have only 3 colors, red, green and blue (the 3 primary additive colors), each color is a terrain texture. Don't use yellow, orange, or any other non primary color or your terrain texture will glow.

just like this:

Offline Blue_Apples

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 05:05:22 pm »
I do use only red green and blue. And I can't take a screen shot because for some reason FeralHeart is not working for me. I'll just explain it as best I can.
The texture for the red, let's say DeepGreengrass, is placed down first. It covers the whole map including the places where the green and blue lay, which is not what I want.
Then the texture for the green, let's say ceiling, is placed and it too covers the whole map. Same goes for the blue texture. I have no idea where I went wrong.

Thierry

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 06:05:04 pm »
If you did not altered anything manually in .cfg and .material files, then can be a render system problem or even a graphics card problem or driver problem.

Try to upgrade your graphics card driver if you know how to do it.

Try to change the rendering system:
To change it open the file Ogre.cfg who is located at C:\FeralHeart. (open it with notepad or any other text editor)
In the first line you will see:
Render System=
Depending on what you have, switch between these 2 lines:
Render System=Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem
Render System=OpenGL Rendering Subsystem

save the file and check if all is working now.

Offline Blue_Apples

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 07:51:52 pm »
I switched the render system like you said but that didn't help. Could you tell me how to Upgrade my grapics card, maybe that will help.

Thierry

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 08:05:32 pm »
Well, if you are not familiar using the computer pdating drivers can be very hard.
Here is a tutorial, but it is prefered if someone who knows well about computer do this.

http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&lang=en&jfile=index.php&topic=514.0

but before this, try to use my mask i have post above or try reinstalling the game.
i don't have any other good idea.

Offline Blue_Apples

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 08:24:53 pm »
Thanks for your help, if this doesn't work then I'll have to deal with the fact that I won't be making maps anymore.

Thierry

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 08:29:39 pm »
Another thing i can do if you want, i can take control of your computer with a program, and to check myself the problem, and try to solve it.
Meet me in-game when im online and i can do it.

My account is Thierry

Offline Raphilion

• HOLD MY MOM
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • WARNING: I'm a bad friend
    • View Profile
    • DA profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 09:21:44 pm »
do you have other layers on? Once I forgot to remove the extra layer containing the heightmap and the terrain textures did something funny.

My Canyon Map
Avatar by the Awesome Ruji / Michala