Author Topic: Map's sudden lockdown  (Read 982 times)

Offline Jegrde

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
    • View Profile
Map's sudden lockdown
« on: August 21, 2012, 03:27:26 am »
Hello, I was wondering what was happening to my map?
I've been using it for over a month now with out problems and two weeks ago I updated it, adding new items and saving over the files. I handed out the new export files and out of the blue it suddenly stopped working.

Things I've noticed;
-All reg maps work (For me and others)
-Other private maps work (For me and others)
-New character going into the map are lost
-Chacaters inside the map previously cant be logged onto
-I the map maker cant even log in using the raw files
-I tried resaving the files and entering
-When trying to log in it displays the 'can not connect' issue

Reluctant to try;
Re-exporting and making a new map/download

Anyone else with this problem?
Also I noticed that the server went down a few times, could it be that my map is glitching?
D8

Offline Haruki

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • "Better to be carried by six than tried by twelve"
    • View Profile
    • CatalinaPacks
Re: Map's sudden lockdown
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 07:20:28 am »
Okay, the short answer for this is hopefully the one that works. Go into your particle and objects files. When you export a map, it creates these dumb little duplicate files. Pesky, I know! They say _0, _1, _2, etc. at the end of the normal name. Delete these little buggers. All of them. Every last one, they will bug you like a mofo.

If that is not the solution, I did have this problem. I'm actually not sure what is was that fixed the problem, but it arose after the huge FH shutdown. My map two years in the works stopped working, along with every other custom map.

I had to uninstall the game. That's what worked for me.
I kept all of my custom items and my map files. I just had to go into map maker and create a fresh "starter" map with the same names, assign the terrains and heightmaps, and put all of the other files (objects and such) in the folder. Other stuff like music came after.

Perhaps that may help you? Be careful not to delete anything too important/irreplacable.

Offline Jegrde

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 12:51:15 am »
I know of the export particles and I successfully avoid this issue. Usually FH with 'crash' and stop working if it's the particles, but it's saying 'can not connect to map' while all the other custom maps work. Even if it was my exported files, it shouldnt effect the exported files I give to my friends, right?
Basically what is happening is no one can connect to the map, while other custom maps are working, just not that one. So Im not sure what to do. I'll try re-exporting it I suppose.

Thierry

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 01:48:19 am »
the 'can not connect' issue is from the server, unfortunatelly you cannot fix it even with deleting your map, you cannot unstuck your characters.
The only thing you can do is to wait until the next server restart to have your map working again.
The server does not have an hour or day to be restarted.
So be, patient, can be some days without your map and the stuck characters.

Offline Jegrde

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 04:59:22 pm »
I was afraid of that. x'3 Thank you.