Author Topic: How about an android app?  (Read 4621 times)

Offline WolfBrother

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
    • View Profile
How about an android app?
« on: September 02, 2012, 03:28:55 pm »
Hey, okay so what about and android app? I know ut will peob take alot of work ,but I mean some people dont have laptops anymore or theirs broke (Like mine) and I was thinking if they have a phone ir ipid, ipad, etc. they can get the app and play. Then eberyone will enjoy the amazing worlds of FeralHeart. It can still have all the map making actions and everything. I have somw cool ideas to make this work or help, so yea thays my idea. So let me know what uou think, and of. course im nit the one who has the say in it, vut I am really dying to play this game again. So yea

Offline Ramine

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
    • View Profile
    • Ramine on DeviantART
Re: How about an android app?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 03:51:42 pm »
Too much work, FH is a very detailed game, lots of coding n stuff.
Plus, if you think about it. You probably couldn't use half of the actions anyway because your screen is too small.

Also, games like these take years to create. Even if Kov will make FH for android,
by the time it's ready, you've probably already forgotten about it or you've gotten a new computer.

Signature by Delay. <3

Offline WarriorWolves399

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • It's not Funki unless it's Punki.
    • View Profile
    • The I.D.H. Official Forum
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 10:41:04 pm »
It sounds cool, but that sound like alot of work.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 03:19:24 am »
It would be nice if we could access Feral Heart maybe through IPads & Androids but again as Ramine said it's just too much work to format the game to be compatible with such smaller devices. Making Feral Heart into an app would most definately strip down most of it's proper functionalities and reduce it to something less than what we know and enjoy. Kovu did discuss some time back that he was in the process of creating a facebook app similar to Feral Heart but much more simpliflied and with a different concept. I believe it was called Feral Tales... I don't know if that project was given up or not but if anything that's probably the closest you'll ever get to what you're suggesting.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 03:22:25 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline WarriorWolves399

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • It's not Funki unless it's Punki.
    • View Profile
    • The I.D.H. Official Forum
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 02:47:29 am »
If you want an app for android so bad help them make an application for it or just buy a new laptop because by the time the app came out you would have gotten a new laptop already.

Offline Harkane

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 03:25:18 am »

Offline FighterWolf399

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 03:32:54 am »
I don't think that would work at all, and not saying it is a bad idea but think for a moment. How would you do emotes? How do you click on the ground to move around? How about screen size? How about bug fixing and other thing. How much work do you want to give the FH creators. Unless you would help with viruses and bug in the game to make it mobile.  ???

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 09:55:14 am »
For a computer based game, I highly doubt this will happen because for a rather basic game and a relatively small community compared to the overall population and a small budget, it will take ages and be very expensive. Though, I'm not sure exactly what the making of apps entails.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 12:08:31 pm »
It's not a bad idea but.. Who would code it? How much time would it take? How would you actually be able to play Feral Heart on for an example, a phone?

Wouldn't the screen, as Ramine said, be too small?
I avoid using my phone for anything but texting/calling even though I have an Xperia.
RETIRED.