Author Topic: This map doesn't like me c:  (Read 1003 times)

Offline Sunpaw

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Hi. I'm not a Warrior Cat.
    • View Profile
This map doesn't like me c:
« on: September 08, 2012, 06:32:45 pm »
(Another FeralCity map problem) I tried going there and it just showed the loading screen forever until finally I got a "Failed to connect to map" message. Yes, I know why... I'm wondering how long this is going to continue? Last time people said that the servers would have to be restarted or something for it to work. How often does this happen? How long will this problem continue?

Please read this post, instead of just going:
"You need better PC"
"Just be patient"
"Quit whining"
"Did you download it right?" (Yeah, I did download it right because I've been able to access it before perfectly fine.)
-Insert clever signature that most likely includes an overused quote that everyone has heard on YouTube-

Offline Ramine

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
    • View Profile
    • Ramine on DeviantART
Re: This map doesn't like me c:
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 07:01:05 pm »
It might have something to do with the server, and if that's the case, you DO need to be patient.
Because you have to wait for a server restart.

This happens when a map is being used a lot, or if the map has lotz of meshies in it.

Signature by Delay. <3

Offline Sunpaw

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Hi. I'm not a Warrior Cat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 07:22:18 pm »
It might have something to do with the server, and if that's the case, you DO need to be patient.
Because you have to wait for a server restart.

This happens when a map is being used a lot, or if the map has lotz of meshies in it.
I should've worded better. I meant I didn't want people saying "Just be patient" and nothing else, like not saying what the problem could be. How many times do the servers restart?
-Insert clever signature that most likely includes an overused quote that everyone has heard on YouTube-

Offline Haruki

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • "Better to be carried by six than tried by twelve"
    • View Profile
    • CatalinaPacks
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 07:36:46 pm »
The server is restarted somewhere around weekly.

Does this happen to just this map, or all custom maps? If so, I've had your problem before and it requires a re-install-pain-in-the-flank.

It could also have something to do with the map server's seed, but I rather doubt that because Red's map is working for other people.