Author Topic: Wolf Quest  (Read 42789 times)

Offline toonanimals317

• The Fandom Queen
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 49
  • What is grief, if not love persevering?
    • toonanimals317
    • randomnessandfandoms
    • Toonanimals
    • View Profile
Re: Wolf Quest
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2013, 10:07:58 pm »
When I first played Wolf Quest I was like "OMG! THIS THE BEST GAME EVER!" But, no. Multiplayer chat sucks, Game gets boring quickly, and it allows like no creative stuff like, maybe some markings to make you character more different. Because on Multiplayer some werido said that I copied there wolf. What a werido. Moving on. Then I discovered Feral Heart I loved it, but I went out of it for a while now I am back in. So maybe same will happen with WQ. Who knows. But this what I think, now don't kill me.
Agreed. Totally and completely. Plus, your name in Multiplayer is now your username, and you can barely say anything on that game anymore. I used to like that game, and now it's just horrible. It's boring, you can barely say anything, you really aren't able to roleplay, and it's slow. The only good thing about that game is the graphics. Single Player on the other hand was fine really, but it really got boring quite quickly.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 10:11:25 pm by Toonanimals »

Other Accounts - ImTheHero, Wolfshadow317, & AgentWashington - Say hi!
Sig by CheetusPeepus on Tumblr, Profile Pic lines by AViciousFox on DeviantArt

My Presets!

Offline Sayba

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2013, 04:17:12 am »
When I first played Wolf Quest I was like "OMG! THIS THE BEST GAME EVER!" But, no. Multiplayer chat sucks, Game gets boring quickly, and it allows like no creative stuff like, maybe some markings to make you character more different. Because on Multiplayer some werido said that I copied there wolf. What a werido. Moving on. Then I discovered Feral Heart I loved it, but I went out of it for a while now I am back in. So maybe same will happen with WQ. Who knows. But this what I think, now don't kill me.
Agreed. Totally and completely. Plus, your name in Multiplayer is now your username, and you can barely say anything on that game anymore. I used to like that game, and now it's just horrible. It's boring, you can barely say anything, you really aren't able to roleplay, and it's slow. The only good thing about that game is the graphics. Single Player on the other hand was fine really, but it really got boring quite quickly.

I agree with both of you. It's shocking that feral heart, a game with no funds, managed to make a better game with more features!!! then a game with money put into it.

Offline puppy 12

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • Meow...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2013, 12:27:05 pm »
@TheTodd: Don't put money ideas in there head! xD

don't click this link... Please DONT

Meep Meep.

If you need help including the Game or Forum PM me!

ATTENTION! I shall be inactive for the next couple of weeks, but I will still be able to get on.

Offline Sayba

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2013, 04:43:17 am »
@TheTodd: Don't put money ideas in there head! xD

-Hoards money- Wut have I done?!

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2013, 10:47:23 pm »
Being a huge wolf lover, WolfQuest was awesome when I found it. The first part is a bit too boring through, where you have to spend like half an hour going to each territory. But getting to have pups is fun. Besides the fact that they get killed a lot. :( Once I was a white wolf so I found a white wolf mate, and we had white puppies. :D One was albino but I couldn't tell which one.
But I agree, WolfQuest is a bit boring. But if they make a new episode where your pups are grown up and are hunting and finding mates of their own I would start playing again. 

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2013, 10:50:31 pm »
It would be fun though, if FH and WQ combined! Like, it would be Feralheart but you could hunt and raise pups (that you wouldn't have to adopt) or Wolfquest where you can add markings and items! It'd be called FeralQuest. XD

Offline starkwolf

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2013, 04:57:44 am »
I tried WQ a while ago. It would be fine if it weren't for the glitches. Been having a terrible time with them on my computer. Especially trying to pick stuff up. It just won't let me pick stuff up, or it is very picky. I get the distinct impression that WQ is putting all their funding into keeping chat "appropriate" and doing nothing to actually make the game itself better.

Also, instead of limiting the chat lexicon, they should have emote-only chat. At least experiment with it. It would be interesting to have someone snarl at you when you aren't sure precisely what they expect. Body language only I think would actually be fairly fun.

Question: When was the last non-security update done? And what was done in it? Anyone know how I can find out?
Been away for a while. When I come back, I have an ambitious RP in mind. PM me if interested.

Offline pyroraptor1

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2013, 06:47:53 pm »
Ive played the deluxe Version to the end. its so cool!!!

JackobLoveu

« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2013, 06:52:05 pm »
I thought you can be the pup! But no.. You need roleplay as one :/

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2013, 10:12:21 pm »
I tried WQ a while ago. It would be fine if it weren't for the glitches. Been having a terrible time with them on my computer. Especially trying to pick stuff up. It just won't let me pick stuff up, or it is very picky. I get the distinct impression that WQ is putting all their funding into keeping chat "appropriate" and doing nothing to actually make the game itself better.

Also, instead of limiting the chat lexicon, they should have emote-only chat. At least experiment with it. It would be interesting to have someone snarl at you when you aren't sure precisely what they expect. Body language only I think would actually be fairly fun.

Question: When was the last non-security update done? And what was done in it? Anyone know how I can find out?
There won't be any more updates on anything. The Minnesota Zoo cut WQ's grant funding.
They have money to keep the servers open and forum up for a while, but otherwise, that's it. They aren't accepting donations much, either.

The reason WQ couldn't make anything great was A) The game engine they used, B) The fact that they had a tight budget and C) they threw multi-player in at the last minute. Plus there's also the fact that the game would have to be very specific in order to get more funding in the past.

They had to make a compromise. Make a good game? Or help make sure the game has suitable content to encourage more money to come their way? After hanging around and lurking there for several years, that's how I see it.