Author Topic: Mission: Purge the Plains  (Read 1987 times)

Offline marzishadow

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • The Tumble Mouse
    • View Profile
    • Marzi's DeviantArt
Mission: Purge the Plains
« on: September 10, 2012, 01:11:39 am »
-Closed.-
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 08:08:56 pm by Marzi~ »
? Proud Scorpio  ?

Marzi, The Tumble Mouse

Offline Okami-Shiranui

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 49
  • "You want to change it, don't you?"
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
Re: Mission: Purge the Plains
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 03:09:32 am »
Maybe not butt in to their roleplays. But if one were to approach you, you could give some helpful advice.

Offline Raxoremys

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 09:25:42 am »
This is what I tend do to when I come across den claimers anyway :) I don't actively try to provoke them, but if they're the really bad ones they approach me all by themselves :P

CloudFish

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 12:44:15 pm »
i don't quite agree with this. for a number of reasons.

But, how I usually go about this is, is try to aggrovate them a little bit(it's usually very easy) and a majority of them attack you. You can tell that they are pretty bad at role play fighting, so what you can do is tell them tips to become better.

this being one of the reasons. its not good to go /trying/ to piss people off. i don't at all think there should be a group of vigilantes crusading around the plains to purge the newer players of their lack of skills. i think that having some of the groups for lower levels is better. it gets them into the basics, and while the ones higher may frown down upon these, they're not gonna know any better.

instead of just randomly finding these groups, it would perhaps be better to set in with them, instead of shoving your opinions on roleplay onto them through preaching and putting them down on their own abilities. 

as for the mate beggars. telling them off isn't the way to go about that either. the way i see it, it's no different than any other advertisement in general. let it be. and if they get to the point of being bothersome. block them. but don't go stirring up the pot.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 05:19:34 pm »
Idk why soo many people are soo bothered by the power players. Honestly I find them kind of funny sometimes. The power players are like annoying little brothers or sisters that are just soo silly you have to love them and take pity. Powerplayers and those bandit players who come out of no where and attack you make this game an interesting unexpected place in my opinion and sometimes I don't mind when a powerplayer comes along because it can be a refreshing once in a while change to usually serious RPs. The only time I really get annoyed is if there's several of them all at once and you warn them off and they keep harassing but one or two is no big deal. Just ignore the power players if that's not your kind of thing. I like your idea of maybe giving them a few RP tips to maybe help them improve their style a bit but at the same time I don't also. Going around giving the power players tips about how to RP is like those people who run around correcting people's grammar and punctuation.  It can be a bit obnoxious and some people don't always take advice well lol... you'll just put yourself in a worse predicament. Like CloudFishy said too it's not a good idea to run around trying to aggravate those people either because now you're behaving no better than they are. We all in this community have to accept that everyone has a different playing style. This is a game and as long as no one is breaking any rules or hurting anyone there really should be no problem with how people decide to play. We also have to remember not everyone has the superd RP skills you might have. Most of these people on here are also kids... There's only so much you can expect from them. Let them have their fun and if they harass you just block them or ignore them. I have been harassed numerous time by power players and when I just sit around and continue talking to my friends or just ignore them and stand in silence the person gets bored and leaves. If you sit there complaining or addressing them they will continue because no matter how negative your feedback is you're giving them attention and that's what they want.
As for the mate beggers again just ignore them. If they ask you to be their mate or insist that you must be their mate ignore or block. They have as much of a right to play and advertise as much as you do. People have to stop discriminating in this game that's all I'm saying because it's going to greatly reduce the variety of friends you make on this game. Stop focusing on mate beggars and power players and stick to your own friends & private maps if these things bother you so much. Powerplayers & mate beggars are just another part of the community that we have to deal with whether you like them or not but do not run around pressing your opinions of roleplay etc on them. Just enjoy the game Marzi and ignore that silly stuff :)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 05:29:01 pm by LordSuragaha »

Offline marzishadow

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • The Tumble Mouse
    • View Profile
    • Marzi's DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 06:20:30 pm »
Well, actually I'm not one of the people to go tell off the mate beggars.
I'm only trying to stop the power players and honestly I don't think I'm going stop doing that because I really want Feral Heart to be like the other role play games I enjoyed so much. So sorry you disagree with me.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 08:09:38 pm by Marzi~ »
? Proud Scorpio  ?

Marzi, The Tumble Mouse

Offline Okami-Shiranui

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 49
  • "You want to change it, don't you?"
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 03:13:12 am »
Idk why soo many people are soo bothered by the power players. Honestly I find them kind of funny sometimes. The power players are like annoying little brothers or sisters that are just soo silly you have to love them and take pity. Powerplayers and those bandit players who come out of no where and attack you make this game an interesting unexpected place in my opinion and sometimes I don't mind when a powerplayer comes along because it can be a refreshing once in a while change to usually serious RPs. The only time I really get annoyed is if there's several of them all at once and you warn them off and they keep harassing but one or two is no big deal. Just ignore the power players if that's not your kind of thing. I like your idea of maybe giving them a few RP tips to maybe help them improve their style a bit but at the same time I don't also. Going around giving the power players tips about how to RP is like those people who run around correcting people's grammar and punctuation.  It can be a bit obnoxious and some people don't always take advice well lol... you'll just put yourself in a worse predicament. Like CloudFishy said too it's not a good idea to run around trying to aggravate those people either because now you're behaving no better than they are. We all in this community have to accept that everyone has a different playing style. This is a game and as long as no one is breaking any rules or hurting anyone there really should be no problem with how people decide to play. We also have to remember not everyone has the superd RP skills you might have. Most of these people on here are also kids... There's only so much you can expect from them. Let them have their fun and if they harass you just block them or ignore them. I have been harassed numerous time by power players and when I just sit around and continue talking to my friends or just ignore them and stand in silence the person gets bored and leaves. If you sit there complaining or addressing them they will continue because no matter how negative your feedback is you're giving them attention and that's what they want.
As for the mate beggers again just ignore them. If they ask you to be their mate or insist that you must be their mate ignore or block. They have as much of a right to play and advertise as much as you do. People have to stop discriminating in this game that's all I'm saying because it's going to greatly reduce the variety of friends you make on this game. Stop focusing on mate beggars and power players and stick to your own friends & private maps if these things bother you so much. Powerplayers & mate beggars are just another part of the community that we have to deal with whether you like them or not but do not run around pressing your opinions of roleplay etc on them. Just enjoy the game Marzi and ignore that silly stuff :)

I have to agree. I find powerplayers very amusing.

Offline Dafniforfree

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • .:Let's be heros in our own destiny:.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 03:18:08 am »
Hmmm...once someone poweredplayed at a semi-literate and realistic roleplay and I was so mad I start powerplaying >:D....Well I am not the person who actually do that .3.