Author Topic: [Crashes after character selection]  (Read 1179 times)

Offline Arrikanez

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
[Crashes after character selection]
« on: September 14, 2012, 10:20:18 am »
So, I wanted to get back into FH, and I re-installed it. Problem: I can no longer get into the actual game.
The log-in screen and character creation screens show up and render just fine for me.

However, when I go to select my character for play, or make a new one and select THEM, my game crashes, and I have no idea as to why.

It does the whole "performed and error and must be shut down, windows is looking for a solution' thing.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling.
I have tried restarting my computer.
I have tried waiting a few minutes.
I have tried combing it for virus.
I have tried deleting duplicate files [I had none]
I have tried deleting my exports folder with nothing in it.
I have tried changing my rendering, turning off water reflecting, turning down settings...

I have tried pretty much everything that is suggested in the other threads. However, this situation is still happening, and it happens on BOTH FH+ and FH. I have no idea why, and I would like to be able to play the game. This question, yes, has already been asked, I'm sure. But I found no answers to it anywhere that took into account that the person in question had already gone through all steps required.

So if someone would please help me with this particular problem so that I might play, I would be most appreciative indeed.

CloudFish

Re: [Crashes after character selection]
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 11:18:08 am »
This will prove the dumb question to ask firstly, but are you deleting the old FH folder on your C:Drive when reinstalling?

The way its sounding, seems like you're either missing some files, or are accessing maps that are down on the server. But since there isn't a mass of players online at the moment complaining of this, I assume it is the former.

The game will crash upon entering a map for one of a few reasons; your computer can't handle the objects the game is trying to load (less likely than others), the map server themselves are stuck (don't think this is the case) you're missing the .fhm or .map file that belongs with these maps.

The next thing I can think of is there could be a problem with your account itself, and there are character conflicts on the server, not allowing these characters to be retrieved. If none of the above has did us any good, if you already have another account, have you tried it? Or is it solely this one that is causing you troubles?

Will keep digging around for alternate answers

Offline Arrikanez

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 11:59:42 am »
I don't have another account that I know of - I might have made one and forgot about it - but at this point, it's long-forgotten because of the months of my not being on FH...

I could, I suppose, attempt to make another one, and see if the server would let me. However, I'm sort of out of e-mails to use for this, as I only have one I even know the password too - and that's the one I use for this current account.

And yes - I did remove the old FH folder and all the stuff on the drive when reinstalling.

I could be missing some information on the maps, but I was sure all of them were in a stable map before I logged out. That might not be the case.

CloudFish

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 12:17:14 pm »
Have yet to find or come up with something that has yet to been suggested or tried.

Is seeming more and more like a problem with your account on the server.

If you are up to it, I suggest at least trying the alt account deal, and if are able there, contact Red or Razmirz about the original account, (assuming you'd want the original).

Will continue looking around other help threads.

JuridianSoul

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 12:28:55 pm »
Alright - trying on a new account. If it still does it to me, I'm going to imagine it's a problem with the game. If it doesn't? I'll be talking to someone to fix my other account.

CloudFish

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 12:32:44 pm »
Keep in mind any issues you may have logging in with a new account could bs for a number of reasons results from the username itself or the password being too long or using symbols/numbers that mess with the game.

JuridianSoul

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 12:36:06 pm »
Alright - New account logs in just fine, which is very odd.
I recreated my character, and I can play him like this once I figure out the system again. XD

But why is my old account screwy like that?

CloudFish

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2012, 12:47:16 pm »
You said you hadn't been on for a while, yes?

We've recently switched up server capabilities, an upgrade. But we were experincing similar problems to this beforehand.

I myself do not know the reason for accounts messing up on the server, this would be a question you'd want to direct to one of the above I mentioned earlier.

Glad you were at least able to access the game