Author Topic: Eel Eye's Preset Corner~ (Updated 09/10/12)  (Read 3763 times)

Offline Eel Eye

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
Eel Eye's Preset Corner~ (Updated 09/10/12)
« on: September 17, 2012, 12:27:06 am »
So I made a couple presets? :U /shot

Be warned! These are my first-ever presets, so they may not be the greatest! For that reason, I am not taking requests at this moment in time. I'll just feel like I can't get anything done and then will probably keel over and die.

Wellnotreallybutshh. orz

Shulkor
Shulkor is a ghost-like character - a Spectre. So obviously I had to play around with transparency... I'm not happy with it, but it was my first preset, so meh. I'll leave it as it is just now.

Locain
Locain is just... Locain. I wanted asymmetry and glowing colours, yay.

They do in fact glow in the dark - I just couldn't find a good picture.

Eel Eye
Eel Eye was my first character that I ever made, so I know I'll be constantly looking to improve his preset. Temporarily using Tearless's fur texture since I haven't worked out how to do my own (that looks decent...) yet. It's just so pretty. ;_;

A pretty simple design. I'm happy with how he turned out, though - especially the eyes.

Nova
Nova's design is hilariously simple, because it took me far too long to get the moving textures working... /sob

I'll end up doing more, no doubt. I'm considering doing some more realistic ones in the future, as well as other of my own original characters. So this will keep getting updated. ouo I'll probably go back to these two as well, just to imporve them once I gain a bit more experience.

Please do critique these if you have the time - I really want to improve as much as I can. Preset-making is fun, I'd rather not be completely useless at it if I'm going to be doing it a lot more. >_> /shot

Enjoy~!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 04:05:50 am by Eel Eye »

Offline CreamWolf

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • OG Island Boi
    • View Profile
Re: Eel Eye's Preset Corner~
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 01:01:16 am »
I really like these presets. c: On Locain, perhaps you could make the texture recede slightly to the back, and blur it so that the sides would smoothly fade with each other. Still, great work! :3
And, happy first post.

He will eat your LAVENDER cookies.
#BlameRingo

Offline Eel Eye

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
Re: Eel Eye's Preset Corner~
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 03:23:59 am »
Thank you! They're really simple, but were fun to make. C: I'll definitely be making a Version 1.1 of Locain at the very least. :P So thank you for the suggestions!

Offline CreamWolf

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • OG Island Boi
    • View Profile
Re: Eel Eye's Preset Corner~ (Updated! New Preset - Eel Eye)
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 08:37:29 pm »
xD No problem. I'll lurk around this thread for when the next version of Locain is released. ~

He will eat your LAVENDER cookies.
#BlameRingo

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 09:06:00 pm »
Will any of these be up for download? I can upload them for ya if you upload the pictures and post them at wwwBannedImageSite/ but the pictures not the pictures with the presets on the characters and also give me the code for them all. But if you can upload them as wearable, please do i really love the glowing one. Thank you~

Offline Eel Eye

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 10:01:50 am »
Decessi: Thanks! :3 I'll definitely play around with Locain's design a bit, see what I can do with him.

Rhannon: Once I'm happy with how they look, then I may put them up for download. C: Locain, for example, isn't finished yet - this is just his sort of 'version 1'. I'd like to add some more to him and fix him up a little, maybe move the lightning to the sides more rather than his chest.

Plus I'd like to do more with glowing markings, he was fun to make. :'D But thank you!