Author Topic: Slowing things down a little  (Read 119625 times)

Offline The_Fayth

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Slowing things down a little
« Reply #90 on: October 11, 2012, 06:21:03 pm »
Not quite sure how closing registration helps save us from lag while you have the maps set to only 160 people per map.
But I also don't know much about servers and I am never on the main maps to experience such  problems with lag.

Personally, I don't have a problem with the news of 160 people per map or registration being closed. I already have my account and don't know of anyone who would like to join. If what you are going is actually working. (I'm never on maps known to be laggy to tell if it has or not) then keep on keeping on.

-Kafka

Offline Xzavier

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 12, 2012, 11:00:14 pm »
Heh, My friend keeps saying they're never open and he can't make an account. So I don't completely agree to this change. ;/

JackobLoveu

« Reply #92 on: October 13, 2012, 07:49:12 pm »
Before everything okay... But okay

Offline awesomelyodd

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Life is too short to drink cheap beer
    • sirawesomelyodd
    • Awesomelyodd
    • View Profile
    • LinkedIN
« Reply #93 on: October 13, 2012, 11:09:41 pm »
Why not just take donation polls and see if you can raise enough money for a server upgrade?

perhaps if you could raise enough money ( x>$7000 e.i. ) you could buy a server and host Feral Heart; although hosting your own at home is not the greatest idea due to redundancy purposes and bandwidth allocation, let alone potential environmental issues (power outages i.e.)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 11:16:55 pm by AwesomelyOdd »

Offline greystar

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • hhhahahahahhhh...
    • Greystar2000
    • Quinnbee-s
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 13, 2012, 11:16:37 pm »
Nice system. I'll tell ze peeps I told to join when their open. Also,  awesomelyOdd is right. A donation or something would be great, yet it does have its fonts at the same time.
Happy Pride Month!

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 13, 2012, 11:41:47 pm »
Why not just take donation polls and see if you can raise enough money for a server upgrade?

perhaps if you could raise enough money ( x>$7000 e.i. ) you could buy a server and host Feral Heart; although hosting your own at home is not the greatest idea due to redundancy purposes and bandwidth allocation, let alone potential environmental issues (power outages i.e.)

If people pay money into the game, they start expecting stuff. Stuff that isn't happening. If FH gets more money, sure there can be a server upgrade, but what if Kov decided he no longer wants to have his game up? Then all those people who donated lose out. The server is as good as it's going to get without a game update, which we need. It isn't so much about money as it is about the game not moving forward and therefore there is no point in moving the server forward.

In short, the game stopped growing, and now there is no room for new members and we can't do anything until Kovu finishes some work on the game.

PaintedWolf

« Reply #96 on: October 14, 2012, 05:36:59 pm »
Please make the registration on, more frequently. That would be nice, :) I haven't seen it on since this update started, and my sister is torturing me.. -0-

Offline mossstar1992

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Poofle-Woofle
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 16, 2012, 05:51:49 pm »
I have 2 buds wanting to join....they hate waiting..what dop i tell them?

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 16, 2012, 05:59:29 pm »
Just send them to this place since this post explains why registrations are closed.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline SassySeconds

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • ~SWEETNESS!~
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 16, 2012, 10:44:07 pm »
Although, when I first wanted to join I was really mad about this. 

Now, I'm glad they did this, because yes, other people want to play, but when you think about it from the point of view of someone who has an account, this is a really good thing so the people that play and have an account don't have to deal with to much lag. :)

So, I want to say thank you to all the staff for doing what they do to make the game fun! :)