Author Topic: Slowing things down a little  (Read 118798 times)

Offline -Mink-

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Slowing things down a little
« Reply #120 on: October 23, 2012, 07:46:09 pm »
I say do a sweep and get rid of inactive players and maps that have not been used in years. That might clear things up. Also, if people are willing to donate the money to get a new, bigger, faster, server I wouldn't back down from starting a donation box or somthing. Please, do something!!!! I want to be able to log on to the game when ever I feel stressed and decompress with my friends.

Maps are impossible to sweep because they are stored client-side (in the FH folder where the users put them).  If the files were removed, then users would be complaining about an old map they loved being deleted from their FH.  However, whenever there's a server restart, all map servers are removed and they return as people enter them.  So, old, unused maps put no strain on the server because the maps' servers aren't there to slow things down.  Just throwin' that in there. 

As stated prior, money is not the issue. The game is pending an update from it's programmer and until we see the update there is little to be done.

I say it again, money is not the issue.

It's not THE issue, but it is an issue.  The server costs money to run.  Even if there was an update that did things like remove Fluorite Plains and add more maps, there would still be more strain on the server just from so many people being online at once.  The only solution besides a mass-ban is a better server.  A better server costs money.  And thus, money is an issue. 
Derp

Offline Crin

• The Silver-Tongue
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 113
  • The Illuminati Pedro Hat
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #121 on: October 23, 2012, 07:53:27 pm »
No. Money is NOT an issue. We really don't need another server. As Sam said, for anything to happen, we need an update from Kov.
Resigned, quit, and basically long gone.

P R I D E <3

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 23, 2012, 07:53:53 pm »
As stated prior, money is not the issue. The game is pending an update from it's programmer and until we see the update there is little to be done.

I say it again, money is not the issue.

It's not THE issue, but it is an issue.  The server costs money to run.  Even if there was an update that did things like remove Fluorite Plains and add more maps, there would still be more strain on the server just from so many people being online at once.  The only solution besides a mass-ban is a better server.  A better server costs money.  And thus, money is an issue.  
[/quote]

Raz can get a new server for the game whenever he wants, trust me. He's not going to without a game update. I think I'd know a thing or two about our game's server our server's host thank you.

Offline CreamWolf

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • OG Island Boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 23, 2012, 07:56:18 pm »
Mhm. The way the server currently runs isn't very practical in itself, there's really no point in making further upgrades to the server if the client and server themselves don't get updated. This isn't particularly an issue on how much load the server has - how it processes that load also plays a important role.

He will eat your LAVENDER cookies.
#BlameRingo

Offline whitesnow

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 26
  • Malice Clan is open for all! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 23, 2012, 09:55:13 pm »
You admins and MODS have such good ideas! :3

Offline apocolips18

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Make the head human and that is me ^_^
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Site
« Reply #125 on: October 24, 2012, 01:19:59 am »
Finally got to register after watching for about 1.5 weeks (checked about every 4 hours each day on my ipod). I ended up registering on my ipod while sitting by a campfire roasting marshmallows. While i really disliked having to register and am not a fan of the system because of how frustrating it was, I guess it is ok if it is working for population control.

Offline xnightcaninex

• Forum Newcomer
  • "You only fear what you don't know."
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 25, 2012, 10:30:39 pm »
....I think this is the reason why I can seem to log into the game now  :-\ even though my connection is perfectly fine.. its been happening for over a day now :(

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 25, 2012, 10:36:44 pm »
....I think this is the reason why I can seem to log into the game now  :-\ even though my connection is perfectly fine.. its been happening for over a day now :(
No, this isn't why you cannot log in. The server is currently down for everyone but it has nothing to do with this thread as it's rather old.
Don't worry, just hang in there, it'll be back up soon.. I hope. :3

Keep your eye out for the server status in the top left corner, when people are able to log in, it'll show how many users that are online.
RETIRED.

Offline xnightcaninex

• Forum Newcomer
  • "You only fear what you don't know."
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 25, 2012, 10:47:07 pm »
Oh, ok  thanks

Offline xAreum

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 26, 2012, 02:08:49 am »
I knew you guys wanted to slow things down but this is ridiculous. >C -ba dun tish- ... Ah? Aahhh?! =D?! -crickets-