Author Topic: Slowing things down a little  (Read 118791 times)

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Slowing things down a little
« Reply #140 on: October 30, 2012, 09:56:24 am »
In February month after the launch of FH, we had 10.828 = tenthousandeighthunderedtwentyeight new registered users.

An admin or admins would waste half their lifetime just trying to go through all registered users last year alone, imagine how much resources would be needed from the server to clean all the inactive accounts out even if it was done on auto by the server. And if not that, knowing exactly where to draw the line of which accounts that will stay and which that will go.

But I do believe you guys can imagine how long it would take to process something if lets say the server would need to delete all accounts that hasn't been used in the last year.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline -Mink-

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 30, 2012, 06:27:15 pm »
They need to change the text color for character reset.....I can't see it without highlighting. 
Not sure why you're not able to see the reset option unless you highlight it but maybe you're having that weird problem that sometimes happens to the forum that makes the modules' normal colors change like so:

If that's the case try changing your browser. You can also turn off compatibility mode if you're using Internet Explorer. Either way the forum color change problem usually sorts itself out after a little while. However if you need further assistance try posting here for help:
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&board=27.0
Hope that helps.

That isn't the problem I'm having.  It's black text against a black background.  I've tried Internet Explorer, and there's no change. 
Derp

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 30, 2012, 06:45:13 pm »
They need to change the text color for character reset.....I can't see it without highlighting. 
However if you need further assistance try posting here for help:
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&board=27.0
Hope that helps.
That isn't the problem I'm having.  It's black text against a black background.  I've tried Internet Explorer, and there's no change. 
As I said try posting your problem in the help thread of the forum in the link I provided above since this isn't really the place for us to continue this. Maybe someone else will know another solution to the problem you're having and give you further advice there. You can also try clearing your cache. I wouldn't recommend Internet Explorer so try experimenting with different browsers as well as updating your system and adobe etc. Goodluck with it I really do hope you get that sorted soon so you can have a more pleasant time using the forum.

Offline 1john25

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 31, 2012, 04:23:46 am »
thats cool. one thing i would like fixed is how many ppl can go to each map. i can't go in FluoritePlains anymore DX. i just want it to 300 again.

Offline SilverTW

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • Inactive account
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #144 on: November 01, 2012, 05:39:27 am »
I'm sorry, but Raz did it so the server won't be lagged up

This account is no longer in use, and any messages sent to here will not be read. If you need to reach me, head to https://softdiamond.net

Specialized in FeralHeart Maps,Presets,Objects,Mods,Markings,Textures and MORE.
Video Maker and more!

Offline BuioUmbra

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 03, 2012, 05:00:08 pm »
The registrations open at random times is a good idea, when i found out about the FH website I was confused about the registrations not open but then I found this page explaining it and it made sence. I'm not sure what the server was like before the change but I am glad it was made :D
Profile Picture by Kiaz1st on dA

Offline RedWolf995

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • The Wowolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 04, 2012, 11:25:30 pm »
Lol, My friend never got the registration  ;D

Offline Shade_wolf

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 05, 2012, 12:53:28 am »
But every time i look at registrations, they are closed. I live in the US and Im not sure when I can Register, any comment back please?

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 05, 2012, 01:26:54 am »
But every time i look at registrations, they are closed. I live in the US and Im not sure when I can Register, any comment back please?
As mentioned several times in this thread alone, the times are at completely random and all you can do is keep on checking back whenever you can. If an open time is missed, you can just try to catch the next one really.
Unfortunately it's all random Elena and you'll just have to wait like everyone else. I'm very sorry but may I ask why you want to register again? You apparently are already registered because you are writing here. If you do not really need the extra account try not to make it because all these extra accounts are saved on to the server and that is partly the reason why things are so stuffed up here.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 01:29:18 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline Forests

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 33
  • Look in that pocket of yours
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 05, 2012, 11:19:30 am »
That's brilliant. It'll stop so many accounts being made by players who are on the game already. Thanks, Raz!<3
No longer on the forums. Maybe around the game every now and again.

My DA
My creations