Author Topic: General is... hostile -- A proposal.  (Read 4997 times)

Offline Necromancy

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • How about a necromancy trick?
    • View Profile
Re: General is... hostile -- A proposal.
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2012, 07:34:30 pm »
Naw, Wolffie, I wasn't really even arguing. I just asked what "semi-literate" actually meant, since some people who call themselves that are completely "illiterate", and others decently "literate", so I was (and still am) curious as to what the general definition is. I wasn't abusing "illiterates" or "semi-literates" and I certainly wasn't bullying anyone.
I might start arguments, but I do not bully, and to be fair, that wasn't even an argument.

And I /do/ get a little annoyed when people put words into my mouth about putting people down when I never said a word against anything or anyone.

CloudFish

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2012, 07:37:43 pm »

If you don't want to join a "semi-literate" role play, then don't. It's simple as that, guys. :] There is absolutely no need to go into general chat and shame someone for how they like to role play. This applies to the other side as well, of course.

While general has users who are rude on a number of topics, you chose a particular one, in which case, is calling out to a certain user.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2012, 07:39:26 pm »
I have seen General chat and even the local chat get pretty ugly sometimes. I don't agree at all with the many forms of bashing that goes on in this game but especially the bashing of people's RP skills. This game is supposed to provide a carefree non hostile environment for its users but some users decide to be down right rude, obnoxious, and just break the rules. Just today I encountered a group of warrior cats being very nasty to this one individual who had what some would consider as "poor" RP skills and grammar. People need to seriously grow up and stop the discrimination in this game. It's very disapppointing that certain individuals can act so hateful to the point that they can make this game and the whole RP experience unpleasant. It's so bad that whenever I approach either an RP group or General chat I have to approach with timid caution because people will shread your head off literally over silly things like misspells etc.

Offline Leafia

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2012, 07:40:33 pm »

If you don't want to join a "semi-literate" role play, then don't. It's simple as that, guys. :] There is absolutely no need to go into general chat and shame someone for how they like to role play. This applies to the other side as well, of course.

While general has users who are rude on a number of topics, you chose a particular one, in which case, is calling out to a certain user.

...Er, are you sure? I've seen this particular conversation happen repeatedly over General chat. I will stand by what I said:

This thread is not calling out any specific user or their actions, but for the community as a whole to realize that there is another breathing, feeling, human being reading what's being said.

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2012, 07:59:22 pm »
This thread is not calling out any specific user or their actions, but for the community as a whole to realize that there is another breathing, feeling, human being reading what's being said.

Nobody is innocent, and it takes two opposing forces to cause friction. On the subjects of arguments/debates/discussions, they would not affect anyone if people would either not join in; stop whilst they're behind; not take it personally. They're a person on the other side of a screen, for crying out loud. Why should anyone care what they say? I'd understand if it was a personal argument between friends, but it sounds to me like it's not the case in this situation.

Offline Leafia

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2012, 08:07:38 pm »
This thread isn't directed at anyone nor is it meant to call anyone out in particular. It's meant to be more of a "Lets all work together and make general a little bit more polite" sort of thing.

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2012, 08:14:06 pm »
You don't have to quote your own words, we've read what you've posted. The point is, people shouldn't be so sensitive about a couple of words. If it is cyber bullying, then the same should apply. Unfortunately, we've a lot of children playing this game, and they rarely know how to handle it.

Offline Leafia

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2012, 08:19:23 pm »
I don't mean to be argumentative when I say this but I am completely against any sort of bullying ever, so it's a big deal to me and it's a concern that I'd like to express. And maybe even attempt to abolish. :]

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2012, 08:25:56 pm »
I think the best thing you should do Leaf when you see anyone being bullied is to screenshot the people and report them then just block out all the hostile and offensive people afterwards. There really isn't anything that can be done about this no matter how frustrating it is. There will always be people starting trouble in game and bullying others. The best we can do is to just try to eliminate them from the community through proper reporting not just reporting just because they upset you but because you genuinely see them as a hazard or nuisance to the integrity of the community and site as a whole.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 08:29:42 pm by LordSuragaha »

Offline Leafia

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2012, 08:32:22 pm »
I think the best thing you should do Leaf when you see anyone being bullied is to screenshot the people and report them then just block out all the hostile and offensive people afterwards. There really isn't anything that can be done about this no matter how frustrating it is. There will always be people starting trouble in game and bullying others. The best we can do is to just try to eliminate them from the community through proper reporting not just reporting just because they upset you but because you genuinely see them as a hazard or nuisance to the integrity of the community and site as a whole.

How would I go about sending in those screen shots? Is there a dedicated report email address or way to send in screenshots?

not just reporting just because they upset you
I wouldn't do this anyway. :P