Author Topic: Unappreciative of original characters...  (Read 4059 times)

Offline Tanikio

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • MAD WORLD...
    • View Profile
Unappreciative of original characters...
« on: October 07, 2012, 08:14:35 pm »
 Hello All! I've noticed while playing feral heart, there is a lot of judgement with certain characters. Lets say you have a black lion, with a spikey collar and horns. In turn, people say your an emo cat. Lets say you have a white and green wolf with glowing eyes. They say your a mary sue. I dont get it...it seems as though, if your character is different in certain ways people sort of trash on your characters...I dont really understand. Its like everyone expects you to be either a pure black wolf/cat with red eyes, or pure white. Not everyones characters look the same, and people should respect that rather then calling your character a name it isnt. I guess I'm probably the only one whos noticed this, but its sort of annoying. I know I cant change it at all, It just seems silly that there are people expecting you to be the same even on a game where you can be your own character...I wish all characters would be appreciated for who they are! Certain species, different colors, anything. They should embrace the creative spectrum of characters that have been thought up of! Instead of being judged we should all be appreciated! It takes a lot of work to create a character, and then people in turn see the original character and call it names...I just think that sorta sucks, yknow?
True face exposed, dark motives in the mind
Was listening too scary for you?
You haven't changed, you never will (you never will)

Offline [~*_*~]

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Peekaboo.
    • View Profile
    • Leo's Pride -Underconstruction
Re: Unappreciative of original characters...
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 08:18:04 pm »
Wow i see what you mean, but if its a friend telling you this, they obviously arent your friend but if it is just random then ignore it is my advise, as it happens i love original characters and anyway its your character so noones opinion is needed unless of course your in a roleplay where they have certain rules but appart from that i guess you should just ignore the boring people.
:D

Offline lugailover

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
    • View Profile
    • Foxes of Ireland
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 08:48:07 pm »
I've actually had this a few times, just ignore them, FeralHeart is about creativity, and there is nothing emo about a black lion with hair. X3

I remember I made a character called Lucifer that was a devil character and a person called me a satanist. Just ignore them or tell them their opinion upsets you. 

Dusklight

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 04:53:50 am »
There are a lot of people like this, sadly. Usually it's because they dislike unnatural roleplayrs because they claim to be "completely literate," and don't want to see colorful characters around them (which is absurd really, unless you've joined a roleplay which completely prohibits unnatural colors and has specified that) or they're either hypocritical, very critical, or jealous. Don't worry about them, play the game how you want to play it. Sure, it can't be stopped, but you might be able to make a difference by ignoring them.  Feralheart is for everybody. c:

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 11:58:42 pm »
I've had this happen to me a couple of times where people have told me that my character's color was too unatural. "So what?" I say.... "It's my character, I can make it look however I want". T^T
Don't let these trolls tell you how to design your characters. Just ignore them.
Inactive

Offline magic2011

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Pfft, Wings? I can use bubbles.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 09:39:05 pm »
Yes, but sometimes people want your characters to look realistic for a reason.
Friends ask why your crying,

Best friends already have a shovel to bury the loser who made you cry.

Even the tiniest spark of courage, can turn the tides of war.

Offline BragaLights

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • dudududu dududududu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 10:56:39 am »
More and more creativity is flowing on the game, you should't really care about weird looking critters around. But when they get irritating, so, yurr...
In-game user:BragaLights

Clouleo

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 12:51:03 pm »
I never meet with these kind of trolls. If I do, I think I'll just ignore them.

*cough* Though people never comment about wolf-horses and rabbit-cats. :P

Offline loba15

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2018, 01:23:57 pm »
hi everyone,
I was banned for 15 minutes of feral heart for accidentally erring my password 5 times but despite having already spent this time I can not enter the game what should I do?
After all I did not do anything wrong I just had a keystroke on my computer's haste!
If anyone knows what to do please help me!

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2018, 01:45:57 pm »
hi everyone,
I was banned for 15 minutes of feral heart for accidentally erring my password 5 times but despite having already spent this time I can not enter the game what should I do?
After all I did not do anything wrong I just had a keystroke on my computer's haste!
If anyone knows what to do please help me!

This isn't the place to talk about bans, it's against the rules no matter the intenaity. Not to mention, do not Necro old threads that are nearly 6 years old. I'd recommend contacting a staff member about your issue