Author Topic: Two minor problems... sorta kinda...  (Read 1465 times)

Offline Wolf-Freak

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
Two minor problems... sorta kinda...
« on: October 09, 2012, 08:42:51 pm »
I have two problems. Both are managable, but if I didn't have them my life would be a whole heck of a lot easier.

2) Well.. about a month or so ago, my FH started acting up. When I would click, it would say 'An error has occured and FeralHeart.exe must shut down' I redownloaded it, but no dice. It would still do it. I finally figured out that if I open up two windows of FH at once, one would shut down and the other would work just fine. Well this past Saturday, I went to my first FH Cinema (I love this!), and tried to download the FH City. Well it COMPLETELY crashed my FeralHeart. Then I started to get the dreaded gray screen 'Feralheart.exe has stopped responding'. I found that now If I open three windows at a time it will work after awhile. It's not a huge deal, I now click and hit 'Enter' three times without thinking about it.

2) Also, whenever I go into a map, I've been getting the 'Failed to connect to map server' more and more often. I have a strong internet connection and my laptop is pretty (sorta kinda) new. It's never had this problem before. But I always know if it's going to connect to the map or not, because the screen goes black and says 'Not Responding' at the top. Then I pop up on the map.

Neither of these problems are really a big deal, but any help I could have on them is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Your Friendly Neighborhood Wolfeh!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 08:45:40 pm by Christian »
Greetings from your friendly neighborhood Wolfeh!!!!

Offline CreamWolf

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • OG Island Boi
    • View Profile
Re: Two minor problems... sorta kinda...
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 09:01:38 pm »
The screen showing 'Not Responding' is common as you load a map, due to the large array of meshes and such it has to load. As for the 'Failed to connect to map server', this may be related to how many users are in a map. This is especially common when attempting to enter Fluorite Plains.

Is your computer old or not very high on RAM/CPU power? FeralCity is quite a heavy map -- if it causes inconveniences, you can simply remove it and use the Cinema map alone. Try cleaning out exports if you have many maps, then slowly build it up to a stable point.

He will eat your LAVENDER cookies.
#BlameRingo

Offline Alaskan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 12:06:41 am »
1) Well, Feral City is a huge map! I have Windows 7 and a two year old comptuer that works really great and the onyl way I can get into Feral City is to lower my settings. But in your case Feral City si quite a huge map and it's probably too much for your comptuer to take. You can download Cinema by itself.

2) You've been getting those because you are attempting to enter a big map that is full. A map can only go up to one hundred sixty users. If you mouse over to the right side of the website, it'll tell you how many users are in a map.

~~Alaskan~~

Offline LiesUnderOath

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • Accidentially intentional.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 02:07:54 am »
1: I found out that as long as you dont touch the screen (try not to move the mouse, and dont click any buttons) the map is more likely to load the first time. It may take a while to load the first time you use the map anyway, if its mesh heavy.

2: As everyone else has said, the number of people in a certain map effect how fast you get in. Just check the pop-up sidebar here on the forum before attempting to go to a different map. There is also the "character reset" buttom under your user on the forum, that sends the character back to its set home, use that if it still wont log on to the map its currently in.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 02:10:10 am by ?StereoKitty »

Offline Wolf-Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 04:00:27 am »
Okay. I understand the second one. I figured it was something like that that, I just didn't know if it was normal. So thanks for clearing that up.

Now as for the first one, after it started crashing, I completely took out FeralCity and the cinema map, but it still does it.

Thierry

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 06:49:15 pm »
It works after opening it 3 times?, completly weird.

Try this: back-up your exports folder, and then, delete his content competly, and check if the problem continues.

Other option to try: open FH once, then after it crashes open the file config.good with notepad. Edit it and write 11 intead of the actual number, then save and try to open the game again.

last option: Rename your feralHeart folder to something else and reinstall with his location in default (i mean in C:\FeralHeart), then check that FH works fine.

Offline Wolf-Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 08:45:42 pm »
OMG. Thierry... you.. are my hero...

Thierry

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 08:58:33 pm »
Yay! your welcome.
but what option worked?

Offline Wolf-Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2012, 10:09:18 pm »
The second one. :D Thank you so much!

Offline BlackVortex

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • This is Halloween~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2012, 10:15:18 pm »
Tip for everyone: Do not download FH city if you have a slow/ old computer... It will most likely not work from what I know. (No offence, it's a great map.)