Author Topic: Graphics messing up my PC  (Read 1298 times)

Offline VioletCyrodiil

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Sweetroll Connoisseur
    • VioletCyrodiil
    • View Profile
Graphics messing up my PC
« on: October 18, 2012, 05:11:00 pm »
Howdy y'all!

Ok, so me and my big bro like playing this new Age of Empires III game, but then, like Feral Heart and Wizard 101, it made our computer crash. We couldn't figure out why for a while, then he said "Well, it's probably the graphics on the games."

Is there an option on FeralHeart to turn down the graphics quality a little?

Long Live the Empire!

Icon Base © SqdPixl on deviantArt

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
Re: Graphics messing up my PC
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 05:20:33 pm »
If you're playing a newer game, it should have better graphics than FeralHeart does; so I doubt it was that which caused it to crash. But anywho. This may be able to help you out (if you don't know what you're doing, get someone more experienced to help you or you could really mess stuff up.

You can also go to the options menu ingame and mess around with the settings, making sure anti-aliasing is on 'none', resolution is the lowest possible, water reflection and sounds are off, etc. Just play around with it and see; you could also try changing your rendering system (which can be found in options>video as well). Playing in a less-crowded map might help too.

I hope you are able to resolve your problem!

Offline VioletCyrodiil

• Experienced Traveler
  • Sweetroll Connoisseur
    • VioletCyrodiil
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 06:35:17 pm »
Thanks, wolffox, I'll try it out and see if it works!

Long Live the Empire!

Offline VioletCyrodiil

• Experienced Traveler
  • Sweetroll Connoisseur
    • VioletCyrodiil
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 04:05:15 am »
I don't mean to double post, but I tried all that and the first time it worked, but when I started it up again, my PC crashed after only a few minutes.

Long Live the Empire!

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 04:08:55 am »
Did you make sure the settings didn't reset themselves to their original state? Just recently I had changed the rendering system because I suffered with alot of lag and when I changed it it ended the lag but a few days later the lag started again and when I checked my settings I realized it was because the video settings had some how reset themselves to default.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 04:31:41 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline VioletCyrodiil

• Experienced Traveler
  • Sweetroll Connoisseur
    • VioletCyrodiil
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 04:14:14 am »
Yeah I just double checked, everything was the same.

Long Live the Empire!

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 04:20:12 am »
hmm weird did you maybe download any mods recently? Sometimes double particles, misplaced, corrupted, or missing files can cause the game to crash. If it's double particles you check your particles folder and delete any extra particle files with numbers. You can also always try backing up any important files like presets and such and unistalling the game, deleting the Feral Heart folder and then reinstalling. Lastly sometimes the server can make the game crash unexpectedly especially since the server has been having some trouble for the past few weeks. There is a small chance that the next time they reset the server that you're problem can be fixed but no guarantee. How long have you been having the crashes and when did they start?

Offline VioletCyrodiil

• Experienced Traveler
  • Sweetroll Connoisseur
    • VioletCyrodiil
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 04:26:15 am »
I uninstalled the game a while back, waited a few months and then reinstalled it today. I haven't downloaded any mods or addons, 'cause I wanted to see what would happen first. And my PC started crashing....a few weeks after I downloaded the game for the first time, earlier this year. It hadn't been giving me any problems before that. Ever since, I've been trying to get the problem fixed but so far, I haven't really had any luck.

Long Live the Empire!

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 04:38:04 am »
Thank you for those answers. I'm sorry for all the questions but I'm just trying to narrow some things down but when exactly does the crashing start anyway? Like can you access the character selection menu and then attempt to load the character and then it crashes? Does it only crash on a specific character or characters? Or does it crash when you click the icon and the game doesn't even launch? And is it really your game that's doing the crashing or the pc is crashing cause I see you keep writing that the pc crashes. Also if it's the game that's crashing are there ever any error messages? Did you make sure to check this link that WolfFox gave you above just in case you might have missed the white "This" link:
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=11278.0
I'll keep looking around for any other helpful information. Goodluck Irish I'm sure we'll find a fix for you soon.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 04:54:18 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline VioletCyrodiil

• Experienced Traveler
  • Sweetroll Connoisseur
    • VioletCyrodiil
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 04:00:42 pm »
No problem, I understand. And it happens with with whatever I'm doing, a few minutes after starting it up. The whole darn thing, game, PC and all, crashes. No, no error messages or anything like that. And yes, I checked out the link and did all that. After a few minutes of the game, the sceen suddenly goes black and then blue, with a little window saying "HDMI NO SIGNAL" and then it goes black again. But funny thing is, the little power button on the desktop stays icey blue like when it's on. And the sound, if it was previously on, makes a funny nose....almost like a buzzing noise. But it won't do anything for me, no matter what I do, so I have to turn off the power strip underneath the desk and then turn it back on again.

Long Live the Empire!