Author Topic: Forest/Savannah Map Needed! (Possibly Challenging)  (Read 1200 times)

Offline Rookshot

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Forest/Savannah Map Needed! (Possibly Challenging)
« on: October 27, 2012, 07:44:50 pm »
( thetokeopride.webs.com )

(Check the prides's website above for more information...)
------------------
Map Maker: XxMushixX

This map is going to be for a lion pride, the Tokeo Pride, that claims a forest near a savannah as it's home. It's still very new and has no members yet, but I'd like to get the map ready before I advertise so that the pride can roleplay in a map instead of Flourite Plains or some other map.

I'd like a generally experienced map maker if possible.

One more thing... I'm inexperienced with all things on FH like presets, maps, meshes, etc., which might mean that I won't exactly understand what you mean by 'height maps' or something. I also have a terrible memory. Bear with me please xD

Anyway, here's a description of the map I'd like:

Size: A generally large map big enough to fit an average-size forest, some bodies of water, and a savannah (Or at least 3 prides).
There will be no flying on the map.

Description:

Forest Area (Chomoa Forest): Jungle-like forest. Has a clearer area somewhere in the forest where the pride stays.
 In that area, there's a large, toppled-over tree held in place by a rock. (Must be solid/standable) It's high enough for the king to make announcements and roar. It must also have leaves for the king and the royal family to sleep under.
The large rock holding the tree up is a cave where the rest of the pride sleeps. It can have lots of plants and tall grass.
This place must also be a bit open, sort of like a camp for the pride members to chat. There should be some trees to provide shade, but there will not be nearly as many in the resting place as in the forest.

Here is a picture of an area I'd like to have in the map;

(Doesn't have to be exactly the same, just has to be very similar)
It's somewhere in the middle of the forest, somewhat near the resting place of the Pride. There should be winding rivers with some patches of land. Some rocks should also be there. This is a place where the forest starts to grow a bit higher up.

There are some higher and lower down places where the forest grows, but you can create them in any way you'd think would be best. There should be some lakes/ponds around the forest too. (Feel free to throw in any secret caves/locations! c:)

Savannah Area: Average-sized. About the same size, or smaller, than the forest. Typical savannah, but please provide a type of 'Pride Rock' and some watering holes/rivers. The savannah is mostly up to you to create.

Meshes/Other: Basic forest/jungle plants and trees in the Chomoa Forest. Some trees that are able to be stood on and lots of rocks and plants. Also, if it's possible, a few boars, antelope, and deer around in the forest.

I'd like a few savannah prey animals in the savannah. (Gazelle, elephant, etc.) Some trees and rocks would be nice.

Other:

Please make all areas into just one map, not separate maps or anything requiring other portals. They shouldn't be gigantic.
Minimal lag, if possible. I'm good with around medium lag, but nothing past that unless it's not avoidable.
Provide a download when done (Message me)
If I need to download anything to see/play the map, please say so.

I'm a pretty nice guy. Don't worry about me yelling at you for the map. Take your time.
The most I can wait is 1 month though (Around 2, possibly, if you need it...), so please make sure you have enough time.

Have fun with the map!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 02:09:46 am by Rookshot »

XxMushyxX

Re: Forest/Savannah Map Needed! (Possibly Challenging)
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 09:07:03 pm »
I could possibly make this. Is it like for a group or something? I could possibly make one point higher than the other so they won't collide as much as they would if they were both on the same level. Would you like it to be a height map? I think I will need to get some more meshes and would you want the forest with some small mountains in it? I know forests have some mountains in it...Savannas have a bit of a flat land scape. Not many hills but a some little ponds. The picture you provided would likley be part of the forest. Well ofcourse it would be! Would you want the Savannah plains to have only a few ponds and watering holes provided in the middle or close to the base? If there are any more things like a pride rock, a wolf cave, etc.... Just tell me and I can make it happen. Please understand that I do have school and a life so you may have to wait about a month, especially since you have such an imagination for maps.

Offline Rookshot

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 09:25:47 pm »
Yeah, it's for a group. A height map would be fine. Maybe a few mountains, if possible, or hill-like places.

The watering holes/ponds would probably be more towards the middle, but I don't really mind where you place them. Though it might sound like I expect the map to be 'perfect', I actually don't mind much about all of those details as long as the basics are covered. (Like the landmarks and the areas I specifically requested)
There is a pride rock in the savannah (The map will just be for lions) and that's pretty much it. You can put in any landmarks or other things that you find good for the map :P

I understand (so do I) so take your time. Just show me a few screenshots of the map later on. :) Have fun with the map and ask me if you have any more questions.

XxMushyxX

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 09:44:01 pm »
Alright, I have a couple questions. I can make a place where they train the pre-teens and teens to hunt and battle train. (I stalked your website :P) I love making maps for people! I have already created a pride rock with a couple of mice running around in it. Can you try to provide a picture of what the tree den witht the rock holding it would look like? From top, bottom, side, and other side if possible. Thanks if you can do this I would be much obliged.

Offline Rookshot

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 10:00:42 pm »
Since the tree can't really be made perfectly, I was thinking that it would be a tree with a thick trunk that was being held up by a large, hallowed-out rock. The tree would've been crooked, but not on the floor, and high enough for the king to have his own version of the Pride Rock. Much, much shorter, of course.
Here are a few pictures:

(About how the tree would look being held up by the rock in case you were wondering)

If you don't know how, don't think your version is good, or just don't want to, you can make something a bit like this:

No roots of course, since that would be complicated.
This version (version 2) of the forest 'Pride Rock' would be a sturdy rock and ledge with a giant tree growing on top. The pride would sleep under the ledge and the royal family would sleep in the grass and plants on the rocks, offered protection from the rain and shade by the branches and leaves of the tree.

I would be fine with either.

XxMushyxX

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 02:48:19 pm »
Sounds nice, I can actually make a bundle of roots at the bottom. Some sticking out and some keeping it hooked into the rock.

Offline Rookshot

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 08:07:30 pm »
That'd be cool. So you're going with version 2? Fine with me.