Author Topic: Hurricane Sandy  (Read 5227 times)

Offline IlLupoItaliano

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 26
    • View Profile
Re: Hurricane Sandy
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2012, 01:53:39 am »
Oh man... I really do hope for the best for the ones in the storm right now. The hurricane literally just passed through where I live, and it was NOT exciting. Wind shaking buildings, and rain that could bruise. There wasn't any severe flooding in my location, as far as I'm concerned, but I'm still on the look out. Especailly since we just had a minor earthquake, and that NEVER happens where I live. Be safe east coast civilians! And a word to Mother Nature, you need to chill out!

Offline Celeyan

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
  • ?? f?????? ?????'? ??f?? ??
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2012, 04:36:31 am »
I-Its hitting me ;_; I'm scared.

SANDY WHY

Clouleo

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2012, 06:15:47 am »
Hope you guys saaafe... D:

Offline Kashii

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • NO LONGER ACTIVE. READ LATEST POST.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2012, 10:01:40 am »
know an American couple, and I'm terribly worried for their safety </3
I hope everyone in America or further is safe; I wish them luck! :c

Since I live in Ireland, we wouldn't experience hurricanes and that, well so often at least. Just allot of rain and maybe a bit of floods. The last flood experience I had was when I was like 6 years old in Carlow. It went up to the doorsteps of our houses and everyone had to put huge potato sacks there... Fail. x3

A lot of wind blowing you around at the same time as a tsunami hits the coast.. brr... O-O
I wish you dear luck, American fellows. c:

-Edit: For some reason since we live in Ireland, and the ocean between America and Ireland is clear, we often experience severe heavy storms about a week after a large hurricane like this, I think it's because maybe some part of the hurricane broke off and started to grow and head towards Ireland, I live close to the coast, not exactly but I'm about 35 Miles from the nearest Ocean  and I'm down south so that may be why.

I agree with you, but since I'm off the coast and within the South-East, it's not so bad up here. c:
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 10:05:24 am by Kashii-Spazz »
I will no longer be active on this account. Please read my latest post.

Thank you for the derpy avii, Kikiveto. ;3

Offline lugailover

• Floof-O-Meter: 56
    • View Profile
    • Foxes of Ireland
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2012, 12:28:40 pm »
know an American couple, and I'm terribly worried for their safety </3
I hope everyone in America or further is safe; I wish them luck! :c

Since I live in Ireland, we wouldn't experience hurricanes and that, well so often at least. Just allot of rain and maybe a bit of floods. The last flood experience I had was when I was like 6 years old in Carlow. It went up to the doorsteps of our houses and everyone had to put huge potato sacks there... Fail. x3

A lot of wind blowing you around at the same time as a tsunami hits the coast.. brr... O-O
I wish you dear luck, American fellows. c:

-Edit: For some reason since we live in Ireland, and the ocean between America and Ireland is clear, we often experience severe heavy storms about a week after a large hurricane like this, I think it's because maybe some part of the hurricane broke off and started to grow and head towards Ireland, I live close to the coast, not exactly but I'm about 35 Miles from the nearest Ocean  and I'm down south so that may be why.

I agree with you, but since I'm off the coast and within the South-East, it's not so bad up here. c:
That's Limerick for ya. Since I also live near Shannon river, *Some rural random town around the place near Cork* we get ridiculous floods. >=I

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2012, 12:42:12 pm »
It's dangerous to go alone, take this. +Fluff to all.
Please, stay safe everyone. <3 Zaro's rooting for you.
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

Offline heartsgirl99

• Floof-O-Meter: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2012, 01:57:08 pm »
I don't live in the east but I'm worried for the safely of both of my and your family members and friends. Just pack up food, water, batteries and other stuff you will need and you'll be fine. I hope that all of you and your family members and friends are safe. And sandy cheeks is a hurricane and a killer? O_o
Signature by Green

Offline Kashii

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 44
  • NO LONGER ACTIVE. READ LATEST POST.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2012, 03:04:06 pm »
Lugai: That's Limerick for ya. Since I also live near Shannon river, *Some rural random town around the place near Cork* we get ridiculous floods. >=I
You live in Limerick? :3 I'm all alone in the ridiculous, lonely town that wants to kill Kenny. >:I - Praying for the people facing Hurricane Sandy. :c I can't even half imagine how they are feeling right now..
I will no longer be active on this account. Please read my latest post.

Thank you for the derpy avii, Kikiveto. ;3

wolfgirl56

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2012, 04:01:40 pm »
To all the people facing Sandy, I hope you guys are okay. I live in Indiana, so I'm far away from the hurricane, but I hope you all are okay. :c

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2012, 04:10:27 pm »
I live in NYC and so far the worst I've had in my area is the extreme winds, rain, and trees etc falling down. Lower Manhattan was affected pretty bad with flooding as well as some areas of Queens. Alot of people in NYC and along this area of the east coast lost power. Mainly the lower elevation communities had the worst of it with tremendous flooding. Most flood prone areas were evacuated though. Here in the city the mayor had annouched that the MTA (subway, railway, buses) were to be shut down as well as all major bridges and tunnels. It's almost impossible to get around. My bf's flight had to get delayed and then canceled. Luckily since alot of precautions were taken it seems that the worst of it has been handles in my area. As for the other areas the had it worse though my prayers go out to those people. I hope no one has lose their life from this incident. Storms like this are not very common in our region.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 04:13:55 pm by LordSuragaha »