Author Topic: Map won't save?  (Read 991 times)

Offline Particular836

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
Map won't save?
« on: October 31, 2012, 01:39:56 am »
Ok so i recently finished a map and i later found out one of the gates in my mate didnt match up with the destination cordinates in the map so i deleted the gate and put a new one with the new cordinates and hit save.Next i went into my map and tried the gate and it was still sending me to a whole other area of the map then where i wanted it to land.Whats happening?(ive had this same problem before and i don't know what causes it)

Offline Alaskan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
    • View Profile
Re: Map won't save?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 03:00:15 am »
Do you mean the gate to Cape of Distant Worlds or another map?

If it's a gate to Cape of Distant Worlds then go to Destination Postion in the Map Maker and change X, Y, and Z. It usually helps to put an object where you want the portal to be because you can just copy off the object destination. Yaw is the direction the portal is facing. Face the way to want your portal to face and copy of the Yaw from the bottom right corner of the map maker.

If it is a gate to another map that you creating you just click 'New Gate' and type in a place to where it leads. Then place it where ever you want just like an object.

Maybe you can take a screenshot?

I don't know, I hope this helped.

~~Allie

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Re: Map won't save?
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 11:39:46 am »
Might this help?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB7PjgGt1E4

I found it so I though it may help, If your portal is sending your character somewhere else in the map, I'd make sure you don't have another portal floating around somewhere.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 11:41:37 am by BigBangTheory »

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone