Author Topic: can some1 tell me how to get the game installed on windows 8  (Read 2958 times)

Offline Playflame

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
can some1 tell me how to get the game installed on windows 8
« on: November 06, 2012, 03:47:30 pm »
i just got a brand new tablet 4 my birthday and it has windows 8 already on it. it the download is complete but everytime i try 2 install it i keep on getting a message saying this app can't run on your pc to find apps for this pc open the windows store. i'm just wondering is there a way 2 get it installed if so can you give me the information like do i have 2 download an app in the windows store 2 get it up, am i doing something wrong or do i have 2 wait till they realease a update so windows 8 users can play the game but if i can't i can just use my 2nd hand laptop i just bought 2 play it? i would really appreciate the help i get and i have tried everything that i can think off 2 get it 2 work.

Offline Hazelstiltskin

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Nyahaha~
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt! :D
Re: can some1 tell me how to get the game installed on windows 8
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 05:47:35 pm »
Sorry to say, but the chances of getting FeralHeart to run on Windows 8 are slim. Just as some games need different versions just for, say, a Vista and a Windows 7, there is probably going to need to be another version for a Windows 8. (I honestly didn't know Windows 8 was out yet! x3) Also, if it is a tablet as in an iPad or the sort, I doubt it'll run a game like FeralHeart, or any kind of 3D rendering. It just may not have the correct drivers.

But, you called it a tablet and then a laptop. I honestly barely know squat about tablets, but if it is a laptop I can help; you can right click the game from either the desktop or the downloaded FeralHeart folder and click, 'Properties'. At the top, you'll see tabs reading, 'General', 'Shortcut', 'Compatibility', and so on. Now, keep in mind my computer is older so it may or may not be word for word, but more or less the same. Click on compatibility.
Two things here can help you; when you click 'Compatibility', near the top should be a faint box surrounding the word, 'Compatibility Mode'. (Let me point out I have never worked with a Windows 8, so I wouldn't know if the Windows 8 even has this feature. Windows 7 did, on the other hand, so I'm going to sit here and type like a little derp and hope this helps you in some way. c:) Tick the box next to, 'Run this program in compatibility for:' and a list will become visible, or at least un-masked. The default is most likely Windows XP, Service Pack 2. This is most likely what will work. Your computer may have a Windows 7 compatibility feature on that list, in which you could click that; click on the drop-down arrow, and click Windows XP if it isn't (Service Pack 2).
Then go down and tick, 'Run this program as an administrator'. Sometimes this helps, sometimes it doesn't.
Now, hit 'Apply' and 'OK' at the bottom of the box and hope for the best; I'm not sure how much this will help, but I hope it does~ It helped me run a few older games, and even games my computer couldn't handle very well, such as Impressive World when it constantly crashed.

A last hope would be to find some sort of emulator, if that's the right word for this situation, to let you play Windows 7 games or down.  But that's pretty risky, Google is a scary place sometimes. xD

Sorry that this was long, sorry for my lack of knowledge of models above Windows 7 and tablets and stuff, and I hope this helped! :'D
"Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!"

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Re: can some1 tell me how to get the game installed on windows 8
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 07:15:43 pm »
^Read most of it, kinda skimmed, but to put it simply, I don't believe FH can run on a tablet.

You are amazing <3