Author Topic: Politics Everywhere!  (Read 2638 times)

wolfdog01

Politics Everywhere!
« on: November 07, 2012, 03:06:06 am »
Ok, so I went to Bonfire, just for a little bit, and all I see is 'VOTE FOR OBAMA!' or 'VOTE FOR ROMNEY!'
Honestly? Ok, wow, first of all, some people live in different parts of the world so they don't have a CLUE about what your talking about. Second, it is pretty mean to do this because, maybe when you chose a side, and you see what happens in real life, then you see that person losing, you become sad and don't know what to do. And now, it's spreading to Ficho Tunnel! Yes, there too! When I went to leave Bonfire, I entered the Tunnel and saw almost the same thing! And then people named that kind of stuff, making their way to Bonfire, and everyone from Bonfire was flooding into Ficho Tunnel.
I'm not trying to bash anyone or anything, I'm only saying that, why do this? It's only for ONE day, and the one who loses then gets made fun of, I don't understand. Give me your imput on this topic, WITHOUT bashing one other.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 08:22:30 pm by ~Thyme~ »

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Politics Everywhere!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 03:35:08 am »
I usually don't like it when people bring politics or religion into certain environments especially a game but honestly I don't see anything wrong with it as long as people aren't taking things out of hand cursing each other out or bashing people over who they are voting for etc. Some people are just excited about the election and are being silly.

Ok, wow, first of all, some people live in different parts of the world so they don't have a CLUE about what your talking about. color]

I see people do alot of things like this like creating holiday characters like santa claus etc and sure not everyone celebrates that holiday or will know what that is either and there is nothing wrong with it. No reason why they can't do it as long as they keep things in line and don't break any rules. Bonfire is well known for weird and wonderful antics lol
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 03:48:28 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 04:45:02 am »
To be honest, I understand how the election is such a big deal to not only Americans, but to us all over the world. Specially seeing as the US is so big that it effects other countries as well.
Though, I do not appreciate all the spamming that is going on in General/local chat every time someone brings up 'politics'.

Another thing which annoys me greatly when the subject is brought up, is the people who tell you to block them because they are talking about politics..
RETIRED.

Offline Forests

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 33
  • Look in that pocket of yours
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 05:05:42 pm »
It doesn't really bother me, I never go to bonfire anyway.
No longer on the forums. Maybe around the game every now and again.

My DA
My creations

Offline Silvertide

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
  • Drawn by WhiteLightHeart, colored by me. <3
    • View Profile
    • The Siar Journey Reborn
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 08:10:07 pm »
Well I was in ascension and  I was seeing some of this. Some random person whispered me in Sky's Rim asking me who I wanted to win, and I said that wasn't a good topic. But then they kept bothering me about it and ended up plain out trolling me about random things that didn't make sense. I turned off whisper, they followed me but eventually went away. I don't like how politics are brought up in-game. It isn't a good topic. Danger danger, not good. I wish people would just stop talking about it. >.<

wolfdog01

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 08:24:14 pm »
Nice too see opionins, and yes I know the US is very large, it just bugs me how much spam and arguments there are about religion and politics.

CloudFish

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 12:17:03 pm »
The problems over this stuff never seems to escalate too badly. It could be worse, think religon is more of a dangerous topic than politics.

Granted over half the population of this game isn't old enough to worry about voting anyway and really most of these arguments include cublets who just repeat what their parents are saying

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 12:56:03 pm »
I saw a similar thing yesterday! Except it was three people with red, white and blue colours named 'OBAMA SUCKS'. Honestly kids, start concerning yourself with politics when your 18. And even I don't concern myself that much XD The game is for having fun, not having debates of any sort, political, philosophical or otherwise. It only starts unneccessary arguements where someone ends up feeling extremely offended.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline Slydragon99

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
  • am dead
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 01:21:36 pm »
I attempted to explain to them that the voters are not going to be influenced by a bunch of sparkle wolves spamming and swearing. The people in FeralHeart want to be right, just like the people in the world want to. Its like a craving!

Also, bonfire is already full of spam and sparkle wolves.I was actually surprised that these wolves even knew who Romney and Obama are.
Once we got someone over there, the issue was solved.

Looks like the next election might be like this. I don't think there will be one for Canadas election, but their might be a few people who feel strongly about that.

I guess we all should be glad the election didn't last too long!

art by dearhunters on da

Offline Forests

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 33
  • Look in that pocket of yours
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2012, 07:23:07 pm »
Agreed, Flob.
No longer on the forums. Maybe around the game every now and again.

My DA
My creations