Author Topic: IT to FH maps  (Read 3819 times)

Offline GaaraRocks!

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 26
    • View Profile
IT to FH maps
« on: November 08, 2012, 09:39:48 pm »
I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this thread. If its not then sorry about that. I just wasn't sure where to place it.

I've had this idea for a while now and always wanted to roam fh using the old impressive title maps. Its just Fh is so lacking in maps. Players tend to hog maps as well leading to overcrowded maps. The last time i was able to actually get into Flourite plains was a few months ago. I don't bother going their because of the bad tokens that keep popping up because the map is full.

Maybe adding these new maps as a download will help people spread out abit. As well as giving them somewhere else to roam and hangout. I used to RP all the time on Impressive title. I even had my very own successful lion pride. I was hoping that the creators of the IT maps would allow me to do a remake of them. However i won't take any credit for them at all. All i want out of this is to see players having fun like they used to back when IT was out.

I already have 1 map. The savannah almost completed. It was just a test run to see what it looks like in feral heart and i must say its beautiful.

What do the players think about this? Do you want to hang out in the old maps from IT like you did in the past. I've had some great times in these maps. I'm unsure why kovulkd didn't consider placing these in as a extra in the first place.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 09:41:51 pm by GaaraRocks! »

Offline Slydragon99

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
  • am dead
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Re: IT to FH maps
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 12:28:45 am »
The only problem with your idea is that severs cost money, and there is not enough of a variety of people who would go and download maps.
They would also have to take the time to convert/remake all the maps, when they could be doing another project. Lets not forget IT is an older game, and was always had new things added, just like FeralHeart. There will always be new things here, even if they don't come fast enough.

Kovu probably did consider placing the maps, but again, this game is payed for by the mods. They keep the game free for you. Extra costs would mean people would have to pay to get FeralHeart.

Also, IT was a popular game, but their were so many maps and servers, that some went unused. I can say from experience that alot of the maps people roam around might be found empty, or only have one player in them (Who is afk. xD)

I can imagine that in the future, there will be more maps, but for the time, there are alot, and they are not all filled.

You might even see some stuff in the future, so keep an eye out!

art by dearhunters on da

Offline ShadowClasher

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • I'm the biggest Butt-tuba
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 12:45:04 am »
This would be a really good idea but a problem I think would be that the servers can't hold that many things at once. It also causes lag and bad tokens as it still takes up server space.
You would probably have to reduce the number of people in one map as well in order to get more.

I, myself, have never played Impressive Title, but I've heard it was an awesome game. Too bad I didn't get to see it.

There is also the thing where, as Slydragon said above, not all the maps are seriously full. The South Pole isn't so full it gives bad tokens and neither is Cape usually. Bonfire isn't always that full even if it lags sometimes. Ficho is at a good level of people too usually. (Unless there's like some seriously huge pack or group going there after advertising in Fluorite. xD)
If the maps all start getting seriously full, which they might in the future, the MODS will probably do something about it, but right now, it's ok as long as you stay out of harm's way. (Fluorite I mean. xD)

Good thinking though. I would've seriously loved to see what Impressive Title maps used to look like.
~Keeri

*wink wink*

?  There's this little thing called love ?

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Your right hand on 3D-Meshes
    • t-i-g-g
    • channel/UCKuFJTwBJf94Tq07oVBNMrA
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
    • Isla Thanatos Gameserver
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 07:23:22 am »
Getting Savannah back in would be great. But this map is under copyright.

Offline GaaraRocks!

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 02:09:16 pm »
i agree with what both slydragon and keerigishi are saying. However it wouldn't be the mods that are remaking them but me. Yes there are copyright issues as well thats why i was trying to ask permission.
For the savannah map i think i know who made it. I'm going to get intouch with her asap. Shes a friend of one of my friends.

But for some reason Savannah works well in IT without much lag. On FH it lagged alot on my older pc. But my good pc it was very smooth. So i had to make 2 versions of it. One with all the objects in. And the other with less objects. But they use the same coding so it wouldn't matter if players download different versions they'll both be in the same map.

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Your right hand on 3D-Meshes
    • t-i-g-g
    • channel/UCKuFJTwBJf94Tq07oVBNMrA
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
    • Isla Thanatos Gameserver
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 02:34:38 pm »
The map is not made by KanuTGL. Its made by just Kanu, he is german. I already got his official version for the FH Savannah long ago, you can see it here: http://t-i-g-g.deviantart.com/gallery/25359809?offset=24#/d2v1m80
Kov however never accepted it =_=

Offline FeralFireHeart

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • ~ I Desire Fire ~
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 04:05:16 pm »
I've never actually played on IT, but by the sounds of it, the maps must be better than the ones in FH, I'm guessing....

Offline GaaraRocks!

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 07:12:28 pm »
FH maps are too small. And mostly all plain. Take South pole for instance. Theres nothing in it apart from a rock for the portal. Theres nothing much to see and explore. On IT you had barren places as well as bountiful places. Savannah was one of my favourites.

and yeah tigg i saw that savannah. Shame its not allowed out though. The one i made was just a remake of the one from IT. I used all their coding to recreate it. However i had to re-do the terrain masks because FH uses RGB for masks. And by looking back at it i can see one thing that i missed DX the sand paths.

Offline FeralFireHeart

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • ~ I Desire Fire ~
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 07:25:32 pm »
Was there a a lion-king based pridelands in IT?

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2012, 06:20:18 am »
No, RW. There wasn't, actually. That would be copyright.