Author Topic: How do you make a mesh?  (Read 889 times)

Offline :.DarkMist.:

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
How do you make a mesh?
« on: November 11, 2012, 09:16:57 pm »
I don't get how you make a mesh. I heard you needed blender but what was I don't know what I do in blender. Do I just make the shape I want the mesh? I don't get how you make a material file or really any thing on making a mesh. I looked around the forum for anything on making meshes but nothing helped me. I don't even know where to start.

Offline Crin

• The Silver-Tongue
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 113
  • The Illuminati Pedro Hat
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: How do you make a mesh?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 09:20:01 pm »
Go ahead and check out this thread: Clicky

It's a bit outdated, perhaps, but it's probably the best tutorial to get you started with meshing. Be sure to skim through some of the comments as well - they're equally helpful.
Resigned, quit, and basically long gone.

P R I D E <3

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 09:21:49 pm »
Blender is just one of the possible programs you could use, it's probably most suggested because it is free. I would stick with the Blender 2.6 versions. There are plenty of helpful tutorials on the Blender site or on youtube.

Hamilton's tutorial contains links you will need in the future for exporting or converting to a .mesh.
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 11:34:53 pm »
If you have anymore questions about meshes you can also always ask Tigg for help:
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&action=profile&u=2
Tigg is very good with all and most anything meshy :) and I'm sure Tigg wouldn't mind helping you out.