Author Topic: This really weird thing has been happening when I enter a map  (Read 1087 times)

Offline :.DarkMist.:

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
This really weird thing has been happening when I enter a map
« on: November 13, 2012, 06:23:12 pm »
I made a map that has a few portals to other maps I made. Its called Darkforest and then when I enter Darkforest in the cape of distance worlds its filled with water that is all white. The portal I put in it leads to a different place than where I wanted it to go. I'm really confused of how its all white water and how the portal keeps changing when I select where I want to go.

Offline Ramine

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
    • View Profile
    • Ramine on DeviantART
Re: This really weird thing has been happening when I enter a map
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 07:05:10 pm »
Maybe you should re-export your map.
And be sure to check, maybe you have other maps with the same name, just delete those. (If you find any)

Signature by Delay. <3

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 07:45:43 pm »
In case the reexporting doesn't help try reviewing your files again and paying close attention to what you type in when your messing with your water files. I'm not much of a map maker so it's hard for me to give you specific advice but try this for your white water issue:
Make sure the texture & material files are in the right location. When you go into the mapmaker to then type in the material name be cautious of what you type in since it's name should go along with what ever it's called in the material file. Check the material file and inside it it should be called something like Material(...)Mat. That would be what you type in exactly when you try to load it into the map maker.
As for your portals consider reviewing the coordinates that you gave them just in case you may have typed them a bit off. Readjust the digits until you find the right spot.
Goodluck
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 08:02:48 pm by LordSuragaha »

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 09:43:57 pm »
I'm still confused I made another map (StarClan) and I went into it and its filled with water. I can see the water its clear but in the DarkForest it has water that is white. In the one map I made some objects aren't showing up in it.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 09:56:18 pm »
Again I'm no expert in map making since I've never made maps myself but sometimes when you have the missing objects problem it is because you have to make individual groups for the objects themselves rather than stuffing them all into one group. When custom objects are all placed under one category they can sometimes start acting up with the default groups.
Maybe take some screenshots so we can all get a better idea of what you're going through :)

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 02:02:23 am »
Ok this is poor StarClan with floating trees, half flooded, and with objects I didn't put in it. this is DarkForest I fixed the water problem but now there are no trees or objects. (I added a lot of objects) and Thanks for trying to help me. :3