Author Topic: Land of Lynthia [Remake.] [Inactive since 04/05/2013]  (Read 44750 times)

Offline Wolf}

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Trust No One. If you want your secrets Safe.
    • View Profile
Re: Land of Lynthia [Remake. Open and Accepting!]
« Reply #230 on: March 07, 2013, 03:11:16 pm »
(I'm here. But I gotta go, I promise I'll try and post after school. But I forgot to do a project that counts for a lot of my grade! *Le Runs to do project*)

"I Believe I can Fly!"

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 10, 2013, 03:48:18 am »
((Bump. Where'd everyone go? D: ))
The Hobbit

"Where did you go to, if I may ask?" said Thorin to Gandolf as they rode along.
"To look ahead," said he.
"And what brought you back in the nick of time?" "Looking behind,"...

Offline Wolf}

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Trust No One. If you want your secrets Safe.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 10, 2013, 02:44:40 pm »
(I don't know D: Im trying to post but I always get interrupted by things >.<)

"I Believe I can Fly!"

Offline caiktin

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 14, 2013, 06:47:46 pm »
((I'm so sorry! School has taken me away from you! I'm definitely still here, and I aim to make a post this weekend.))

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 23, 2013, 06:54:53 am »
((*Brings RP back from the dead after about a week of FH being down* LIVE, DARN YOU, LIVE!!!!

I hope everyone's still here, but as of now anyone's free to post considering how long it's been since the last one even before FH was down. For now I'll keep all characters up because I'm hoping that after the amount of time that's passed, people will be more free to at least drop a notice. I know a lot of you are busy, so I hope to hear from you soon! D: ))
The Hobbit

Offline caiktin

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 02, 2013, 07:31:23 pm »
((I. Am. So. Sorry. I'm here, absolutely here, I promise you. And I'm posting after I get back from school >.< With the absence of... most of the RP, I'm most likely going to drop Carina as a character, or sweep her off to the side for a little while because I don't know if it's necessary to have her or not anymore. Noah, however, will be staying, as you well know for the plot line we had in mind. Okay, I have to go, but I'll be back, with a post!))

Offline caiktin

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 03, 2013, 03:36:11 am »
((For the moment, I'm only going to RP Noah until I can think of an excuse for Carina to excuse herself. For the moment, I suppose it's safe to assume she's slightly puzzled about Noah's appearance, and she's listening to him and Raven converse.))

Raven's sarcasm towards Noah was rather amusing, and the mercenary thief folded his arms loosely across the broad planes of his chest with a smirk. "I would stand back and look pretty, but I'm afraid I would only further distract you from your conversation with your companions." He spared a glance at the royal-blooded female, and the young man he recognised from the inn, the one with the glowing red marks etched into his skin. "I'm here for business, not pleasure. Though I'm sure we could have both, dear Raven." Noah strode forward from his spot at the fringes of the clearing, bringing himself into the group. Their matters would have to wait for the moment, his were more important. And judging from what he could hear of the conversation, all they were doing was trying to negotiate with the mercenary in their company, surely that could be swept aside for the moment.

"I didn't anticipate on running into you, quite honestly. But it's convenient that I have. I have a proposition for you, one that comes with reward for both you and I. Better still, the reward will be of your choosing, so long as it is within reason. How does that strike you so far?" One way or another, Noah was confident in his abilities to get Raven on his side for this task. He hated to admit it, but he needed her.

((Short, but will most likely lengthen once I get back into the rhythm.))

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 03, 2013, 04:43:22 am »
((I'm glad to see you're still here at least, Caitlin! You can still keep Carina to the side if you like if we get anymore members or if the others decide to come back, and I won't remove her from the character list haha. Whatever works best for you ^.^ ))

As much as she wanted to discuss this strange half-elf's odd heritage, if it could be called that, it appeared that Raven wasn't going to get that chance. Noah was intent on getting her to listen to him and this offer of his, and even if he wasn't, the others seemed to have the same idea. Their gazes were on the two curiously and perhaps somewhat suspiciously, the half-elf drawing in silence and not yet answering either her's or the princess's questions. Annoyed, Raven realized she wasn't going to get anywhere with this, and turned to the pushy male.

But perhaps she wasn't that annoyed... Though she wouldn't admit it, the last comment Noah had said had perked her interest, but nonetheless she was still cautious. "As long as this 'reward' doesn't involve having a drink with you, then fine, I'm willing to listen," Raven returned. Her gaze momentarily went to the others, debating if this was something they should discuss in front of them or not. In the end, the mage decided on sticking close enough to be in each other's view, but far enough to avoid being eavesdropped upon. Gesturing for Noah to follow her example, Raven side-stepped along and turned her back slightly to the group.

"Alright, what's this proposition you have that's so obviously more important than my own business?"

((My posts will get better!))
The Hobbit

Offline caiktin

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 03, 2013, 05:13:40 am »
((Thanks, Katsa! I'd like to keep her for now, there might be something for her to do in the near future, we'll see.))

Giving a small nod of his head, Noah unfolded his arms and followed Raven off to the side slightly, acknowledging the male and female remaining with the merest of glances. It was clear he had sparked an interest in the mage, this was already going better than he had thought. He had been expecting to use more of his persuasion skills before she even decided to listen to him, so the results in his mind were positive so far.

"Lucky for you, the task at hand doesn't require us spending social time together, which is somewhat unfortunate. I need your help with something, a favour if you like. I have a client that I'm currently doing a job for, one that's been put on hold for quite a while now. But this is a job that's quite different from others I have done before, and it requires a certain ability that I do not possess. I need your magic to aid me in getting through a series of gates, ones that are spell-bound and impossible to pass through without a mage at-hand. As I have already assured, there will be a reward for your efforts." Noah spoke with every air of confidence about him, but inwardly he was slightly concerned over whether the mage would accept or not. Of course, she was not the only magic-user he was familiar with, but she was the only one who owed him a favour.

"More will be revealed about this task if you accept," he added, "but if not, I won't speak anymore of it."

Offline RavenShai

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 03, 2013, 06:01:23 am »
"Lucky for you, the task at hand doesn't require us spending social time together, which is somewhat unfortunate..."

Yes, lucky me, Raven thought, but kept it to herself to avoid interrupting the thief/mercenary. What he said, though, both surprised and intrigued the mage, wondering what on earth this person hiring Noah could be after that required going through magical locks and doors. Usually protection like that was either to guard a special treasure and great wealth, or to keep something dangerous locked away from those who'd misuse it. However, Noah managed to avoid the questions she would of presented to him to find out more about this odd mission, which disappointed her. It would of been better if she could know more about this job before accepting, but with how she saw it it was either she refuse and forget all about it or go along with it. Unfortunately, the latter had to be her answer. Like Noah so generously reminded her, she owed him a favor, an acknowledgement that's been hanging over her head haunting her like a ghost.

"I don't think I have much choice in the matter," she replied bitterly. "Not if I want to repay my debt once and for all. Still, I can't say it's all bad. I'll admit, I'm rather curious of what this job is and the rewards behind it. Fine, I'll help you with this task of yours. When were you planning on setting out?"
The Hobbit