Author Topic: Error: 403 Please help me out  (Read 1988 times)

Offline jay warfang

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
Error: 403 Please help me out
« on: November 22, 2012, 07:00:37 am »
My little sister has been trying to create a account but whenever she trys to verify it she gets a message saying Error 403. The page it opens up does nothing to help. So can any one tell me whats going on?

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Re: Error: 403 Please help me out
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 07:15:41 am »
Try refreshing? :/

You are amazing <3

Offline jay warfang

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 07:19:22 am »
Ok gave it a shot got the same thing but this time i got a box saying Error 403 instead of just the page adresss/heading

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 07:22:23 am »
I'm guessing this is the website? Registrations are currently down, that's all I know.
Perhaps try to refresh the page/wait a few minutes and then try again. Sometimes the website can flip out and you need to wait.
RETIRED.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 07:29:44 am »
The 403 error occurs for numerous reasons. Basically all that's happening is that the server refuses to respond to a request although your request is valid and correct and understood by the server. The server just will not accept your request for some reason. Sometime it's a server issue but sometimes its also caused by a possible malware program that is attempting to sneak it's way into the directory structure of sites you commonly visit. If you just can't get on no matter what you do and it's the case of malaware you will have to run an anti virus on your computer but usually it's just the server. Simply consider changing your address at top to ex: http://feral-heart.com/index.html. by just adding the ""/index.html" at the end of whatever the website is. If that does not work another reason for this message could be that your IP is blacklisted. If that is the case you'll either have to get a new one or contact one of the admins about it.
As quoted by Red if you are blacklisted:

Different IPs get blacklisted for a reason, as mentioned earlier, it could have been something like the SMF database have seen your IP been put on the blacklist somewhere else, and it moved on here since we use SMF.

Some internet providers give out the same ips on different instances, for example, if you are at a college network, they sometimes have 1 single IP for a wider area in the college that more than 1 person use. Some towns or houses use the same connections at times, depending on the internet provider.

If refreshing doesn't help nor anything listed above, best bet is probably to contact an admin. I'm sure they can give you more advice on it and how to fix it. Sorry I can't explain this better. It's late here and I'm working from mobile D;.
Use this link to contact any one of the staff via private message:
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=28&Itemid=52
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 07:37:49 am by LordSuragaha »