Author Topic: Some AMAZING ideas.  (Read 2926 times)

Offline Firewhip123

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
Some AMAZING ideas.
« on: December 02, 2012, 02:39:47 am »
Now, I do not recall seeing what I am about to post already suggested, so bear with me please!

Idea #1:
*Shading to the default FH textures
*Shadows(Even on custom meshies)
*Better realism in the feline textures.

Idea #2:
*Animals that could be implemented into FeralHeart(I reccomend using Blender)
*Special attack actions/emotes that would better roleplays, and you could take down prey.
*More detail within maps, and more particles, like fireflies which would be dots of light that flew around in airways.

Idea #3:
*A new layout to the site.
*A higher maximum to the amount of people in servers
OR
*Several servers per map that would each fit 160 people, and yes I know that is expensive :c

Idea #4:
*A better Group system where you could give people the ranks of leader(Like if you left the group, it wouldnt disband. If a leader wasnt selected, one will be selected randomly.
*Group Flags, where you can choose from a selection of flags and colors.
*Visinametags, it is where you can choose if others see your nametag or not.

Well, these are my ideas... not the best I know, but hey. c:
Friendship is magical; Violence is hysterical.

Offline Krimzen

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
    • Furaffinity
Re: Some AMAZING ideas.
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 03:44:46 am »
There are codes you can manually add into your game files to implement shading on all characters, objects and other such things, as well as a plethora of custom made fur textures to suit your tastes, please check the mods section of the forum.

There are various static animal meshes that can be put into maps and such, but no one except the original dev is currently able to place animated objects into FH as of yet. You can make your own particles and other such things to place in maps. Again, check the mods section of the forum.

We have no control over what is done to the servers, this has been discussed various times in the news section of the forum, so for now, we just have to deal with it until the issue can be resolved.

These are good ideas. I support them :3

Adorable icon by Outputt on FA <3

Offline WarriorWolves399

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • It's not Funki unless it's Punki.
    • View Profile
    • The I.D.H. Official Forum
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 06:24:22 am »
i like some of those ideas

Offline Firewhip123

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 02:33:50 pm »
Heh, to the first responce, I know absolute nothing about implementing codes into the game file its near impossible for me even by instruction. I think it would be much better if it was an official update, so everyone would be able to have them.

Offline Krimzen

• Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
    • Furaffinity
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 03:41:45 pm »
My guess is there will not be any more official updates. Kov has been MIA for a year now, and I honestly don't think there will be any more new content for this game, which is sad. It's really quite simple to add the codes, just a matter of copying and pasting here and there. It's worth it if you want the game to look nice. Not to mention some people like the FH or IT look, and a mass-update wouldn't be ideal.

Adorable icon by Outputt on FA <3

Offline Faith.

• Floof-O-Meter: 9
  • pls god tell me its not mondayz xc
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 05:57:50 pm »
1# No opinion, really. I guess what Krim said I agree with.
2# People will forget about rping, and it would be a complete chaos. Oh, did I mention how long would it take?
3# Honestly, I think this will never happen, even though I wish it would.
4# Support.

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 06:54:14 pm »
#1: I always thought there was a mod for this already called naturalistic or something like that, where your characters looks like actual lions and wolves, but I could be mistaken. It fixes the shading already
#2: I like the idea of seeing the little things on a map, such as fireflies or floating stars, but this just makes the game 2x more laggy, imagine the plains having partials everywhere. It may be nice, but it will lag like there is no tomorrow D: the fighting action thing is the same too. Although I love the idea of having that command.
#3:  it's hardly likely that this idea will be pursuit. I know that the site on the plains could hold up to 200 at one point, but again it was brought down to 160 so it reduced the lags
#4: it's interesting really o3o, I like this idea, but again it takes time and I think most people are just satisfied with the simplicity of the group chat. I mean you can easily tell ranks in ur pride or pack by the Alpha in there name or Delta, or Beta.
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 07:24:16 pm »
Idea #1:
a) There is already a shading enhancer, you can find it in this topic (It is the ENB MOD).
b) I do like this idea, but as this is multiplayer, there'd be an awful lot of shadows about - and this will no doubt make the game laggy.
c) There are plenty of realistic feline textures, I suggest looking at Tearless's.

Idea #2:
a) Do you mean prey-like objects? Or just more animal meshes? ~
b) That'd be nice, more IT like. ~ People might think that by having this it could be abused, but it never really was in IT, and I doubt in FH too.
c) Details would be so-so, but we have to remember that people get mountains of lag in maps like Fluorite as it is, and you can always do that with downloaded maps.

Idea #3:
a) I can't say I agree to that, I admire it as it is, and it makes the text/borders look elegant'n'stuff.
b + c) I know it's really, really tempting, but the server is struggling as it is.

Idea #4:
a) Support all the way on this, the organization for groups could be much better.
b) Mmm, I suppose that'd be rather interesting ~ Perhaps more of a group logo would be more appropriate.
c) Not so keen on that, you can always switch off your name tag option as it is. ~

Really interesting ideas. c: +Fluff.
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

Offline Firewhip123

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 12:14:55 am »
Alright, an answer to some of you.
1. Naturalistic I have yet it does not satisfy with shading techniques. There IS a darkness mod, but it is terribly made, and ruins the interface on feralheart, making the characters without texture at all.

2. If you have lag, just get gamebooster... it stops all lag, and you don't really get much lag except in really crowded areas anyway. Also, you can turn off water reflection and close all other tabs.

3. You will never know if Raminz will accept this idea or no, so we just have to wait and see by discussing it. The more people who agree, the higher the chance, correct? ^_^

4. Animals such as animated animals, I know certain people who can animate even plants with blender. You can add rigging to it, then the weight, and your ready to go. ^^

5. Perhaps more detail WOULD cause inconceivable amounts of lag, however this can be solved! Perhaps we could have a "Graphics" slider, a "Shading slider", and if animals are implemented, a "Gore Slider". This can enable users to change how much of these features are within their game, so they can decrease lag.

6. It may take long, but think of what FH will gain from it.

Te whippeh is out. Peace~ ~Stalks the halp thread~

Offline cipe

• Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • I laugh in the face of Danger! Ha Ha ~Kiara
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 02:26:07 am »
mhm
Wait you hear that? Do you? Its the sound of your mind being BLOWN :)