Author Topic: MAJOR HELP NEEDED! MODS AND EVERYONE ELSE PLEASE READ!  (Read 1399 times)

ChainedEternity

MAJOR HELP NEEDED! MODS AND EVERYONE ELSE PLEASE READ!
« on: December 03, 2012, 05:24:38 am »
Ok, so I was fiddling around and trying to get a map to work. I put miscelaneous, my rocks and my trees into the exports folder (I already had another file of each of these). I close fh, start up fh and when I log in all my characters are white! WTF?! I go in to the character edit to see what's wrong, I look under markings... all it says for each of the markings boxes is this--

'None'

-RAGE QUIT-
I'm so firetrucking annoyed! I am not one to cuss, you can ask my friends, but MAN I am annoyed to hell right now >.<
Anybody have a solution? I would REALLY appreactiate it guys  :'(
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 05:48:25 am by Lauren »

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: NO MARKINGS?!?!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 05:36:04 am »
You probably just deleted or misplaced some of the default files while you were messing around with things. If anything you can always just download the game again to get back those missing default files.

ChainedEternity

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 05:39:31 am »
You probably just deleted or misplaced some of the default files while you were messing around with things. If anything you can always just download the game again to get back those missing default files.

That's the thing, when I checked my textures folder everything was there -dies-

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 05:49:04 am »
Well since I can't see your files myself to see exactly what's going on I can't give you any specific solution other than recommending that you just try reinstalling the game as it's often the quick fix with cases like this. On the other hand if you had any custom markings that weren't included in the original game that got deleted or replaced you will have to redownload those manually. Since you say that you still see the texture files make sure that the marking files are there too and also check that you didn't mess up your marking.cfg file in the main Feral Heart folder somehow either.

ChainedEternity

Re: MAJOR HELP NEEDED! MODS AND EVERYONE ELSE PLEASE READ!
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 05:55:29 am »
Well since I can't see your files myself to see exactly what's going on I can't give you any specific solution other than recommending that you just try reinstalling the game as it's often the quick fix with cases like this. On the other hand if you had any custom markings that weren't included in the original game that got deleted or replaced you will have to redownload those manually. Since you say that you still see the texture files make sure that the marking files are there too and also check that you didn't mess up your marking.cfg file in the main Feral Heart folder somehow either.

-facepalm- My .cfg file is missing. Thankyou so much for your help! How would I get one again? O_o

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 05:58:39 am »
Same way as if you had any other default game files missing just reinstall the game or I can private message you the codes and you can recreate the file or I can just send you a link to download of the default marking.cfg file. Your choice of whatever way you find easier :)

If anything here is the download for the default markings.cfg file that I made you:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sjwpxr1463631uv#!

« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 06:14:09 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 06:28:39 am »
So helpful, Sura. Thank you xD The title of this post alarmed me.

Offline RedWolf995

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • The Wowolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 09:17:46 pm »
Did you checked deh markings or textures in deh game folder? Maybe they are missing, this has happened to me the first week of playing.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 10:03:54 pm »
The problem has been solved already Vetsko ^_^