Author Topic: Map Claimers -_-  (Read 7732 times)

Offline DemonicHeart

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • ~(.O.)~
    • View Profile
Map Claimers -_-
« on: December 09, 2012, 12:15:24 am »
Anyone ever had the WORST map claimers? I think the worst are warrior cats. Your just chatting with your group in a little area and all of a sudden a group of warrior cats run up and start caps spamming they're heads off. I've had this happen to me a million times.

Me and le pride awkwardly sitting around: So... I'm bored :P
random cats come up: move we own this area now. Just btw tehr are anoder clan that owns all of te flourite.
(Remind you they can't spell for crud.)
Me: *they're *another *the
One kit named Owlkit: Hey i can spel jurst fine.
Me: *I *spell *just
(One leader. Can't remember the name so Iam reacting this as best as i can): leave we were here first. We've been here for 2 years
Me: -Facepalm- let's just go guys
Cats: cowards, this is our territory!
Me: map claimers that can't even spell
They continued running their mouth until I called their leader 'he' they flipped out and started calling us map claimers. The cat was a female .-.

That's most of that story I will never forget >.<
Explain any map claiming stories here. And I tried my best to remember and re act it because it happened not that long ago :P

Offline Okami-Shiranui

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 49
  • "You want to change it, don't you?"
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
Re: Map Claimers -_-
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 12:22:50 am »
Oh dear. Map claimers. There's really no getting to them!

Me: -Sitting calmly with my friend-
Person: guys move please this is our territory. you have no right to be here.
Kumatora(friend): No right to be here, you say? We have just as much right as you do.
Person: we were here first
Me: I don't care. This is a public map. Either share it or get your own private map.
Person: looks like were gonna do this the hard way, im reporting u guys
Kumatora: Reporting us for sitting and chatting in a public map? The Mods/Admins won't do anything. It isn't against the rules. We are allowed to be here.
Me: Either block us, or not. We aren't moving.
Person: fine. stupid heads
Kumatora: REEEEEAL shallow insult. This isn't first grade.

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 05:14:19 pm »
I've never come into contact with any map claimers. But why what you guys have put, they sound extremely annoying.
First thing's first, map claimers, learn to spell properly. You might be young but it's never too late or early to learn, or to improve. Secondly, it's against the rule to claim on public maps. And just in case people who don't know the definition of the public map, it's a map that you didn't make and came in with the game download. If you insist on claiming 'territory' make your own maps. It's perfectly fine to do that in your own custom map, or one someone elses if they allow it.
There.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline LiesUnderOath

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • Accidentially intentional.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 06:03:50 pm »
It's always a good idea to make sure they're actually map-claiming, and not simply roleplaying that you're an intruder in their pack/pride/clan territory. That's happened to me more often than true map-claimers, though that can be annoying too.

It's more common for lions to shun me. ;D
I actually like to hang out in Bonfire (it's fun to watch the silliness), but unfortunately for me that means all the lions in the cave caps-spamming me for sitting there, just because my main chara happens to look somewhat like a hyena. ::)

Map claimers don't bug me so much as they amuse me, when they try to roleplay you out of "their territory" with everything they've got, before finally turning around and ranting about how mean you're being. I still tell them that it shouldn't be done though, and nothing will come of any report they make, because sharing a cave isn't aganist the rules..~

Offline Okami-Shiranui

• View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 06:21:20 pm »
Exactly. I can usually tell when someone's RPing or not. I've been on the game long enough and had too many experiences. If it's an RP, I cooperate and get out because it's just an RP, depending on the skill level of course. Auto-hitters and powerplayers I normally ignore. But if they are claiming the map outside of RP, that's when it goes against the rules.

Offline DemonicHeart

• ~(.O.)~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 07:21:57 pm »
No matter what character I'm on warrior cats find a way to bother me ~.~ And these guys weren't the best spellers in the world either :p. I remember because I kept auto correcting a kit and they caps spammed at me. They just seem the worst :p

Offline Okami-Shiranui

• View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 07:34:30 pm »
My theory: Warriors are for all ages, but a lot of the people who do read Warriors are around the ages of 11-12, and most are illiterate. Not saying some aren't, but that's been my experience. I was illiterate when I was 12 as well, and I loved Warriors back then. Not stereotyping Warriors fans or anything, but that's just my opinion.

Offline DemonicHeart

• ~(.O.)~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, 09:25:13 pm »
Same. Through the years of Feral Heart I've learned to get way better at my literacy

Offline Okami-Shiranui

• View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2012, 10:06:17 pm »
Same here. It pains me to see this: "u r stoopid"

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 05:15:37 am »
Alizarin's thought of the day.....

I remember my first day on Feral Heart, I ran into a map claimer. He was a wolf that was claiming the whole N/Z as his pack territory. He threatened to "hurt" or "kill" my character if I didn't get off of his pack's territory. But then, a passer-by came to mess with him, saying, "We can be here if we want. You have no right to claim this place as YOUR territory." I didn't stick around to see the rest of the argument, because I had other maps to explore.

Best thing to do with these map claimers is...
1. Ignore them... they will eventually give up and stop.
2. Threaten to report them if they don't stop. It usually shuts them up, but if it doesn't then go to plan 3.
3. Report them if they won't stop or if they start using foul language.
4. Block them, nuff said.

There really is no reasoning with most map-claimers. Believe me, I've tried and it never got anywhere.

Inactive