Author Topic: Demon/Angel characters.  (Read 5414 times)

Offline Doylj

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
Demon/Angel characters.
« on: December 11, 2012, 04:15:59 am »
I'm sure everyone has run into a demon or angel on FeralHeart at one time or another. I have a few demon characters myself. I've met a few who are actually great roleplayers. The whole idea was great at first, but now its a little played out. Everywhere I go, there are always demons. What do you guys think about them?

-end short post-

A/N: Wow, I've been posting a ton of topics lately, anyone notice? xD

Offline Tenturo

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • small bean
    • Goldown
    • View Profile
Re: Demon/Angel characters.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 04:19:36 am »
I noticed xD

Previous Username: Woofkita
Avatar Art done by Exotic Foods on Discord | Sig Art by Inferni on dA

Offline Tetsune

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 83
  • It's not a crime to be brutally honest.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 04:24:00 am »
It's a really cliche idea. Not a lot of people do enough to make them stand out, honestly.
I think the whole demon or angel ploy is just an excuse to make your character overpowered for the most part.

Don't get me wrong, there are some that may be decent, but most of the time if they mention they're a demon or angel, I roll my eyes.
You could always make up your own species to avoid that. :P
A JACK OF ALL TRADES, YOU COULD SAY!
PRESETS | ITEMS | OBJECTS

Offline Tenturo

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • small bean
    • Goldown
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 04:27:56 am »
That is true, Galiou.. I have met some decent demons and angels in my FH days.

Previous Username: Woofkita
Avatar Art done by Exotic Foods on Discord | Sig Art by Inferni on dA

Offline Silhouette

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 07:24:38 pm »
I will say that several of my characters or their "species" are angelic/benevolent based, however I've worked to make them a bit "different" from the stereotyped idea of what an angel is, mostly to avoid them being either overpowered, predictable, or the same. They have limitations, they are flawed, and they are mortal, and most of them start out life with no knowledge they've been "picked" randomly for the responsibility they got. And sometimes, they choose not to take it on!

I also have known a few people who use primarily demon-like characters. Some of them are admittedly cliche at their base but they seem to be better at playing evil characters overall, demonic or not.

I will point out a few things about other evil characters, however, that are poorly played.

In  my opinion I feel like people confuse concepts of bravery, cowardice, and unwise actions with angelic characters and greatly confuse aggression, "meanness" and actual evil with demonic characters.

I feel like the majority of people are using demonic characters [As some have already said] to have an excuse to be able to say "Don't mess with me or else" [Good gosh, how MANY bios have I read /THAT/ line in?] Sometimes, I don't think its even an excuse to be stronger. Because regardless of whether or not their bio [assuming they have one] claims them to be stronger, some of them are /whiney./ "Oh Im a demon oh woe is me." Yeah, sorry, no body cares, you about the other hundred billion "demons" on Feral Heart. Some people can pull this type off, very well, without being annoying and they can be sympathized with but the majority? Probably not.

But my MAJOR pet peeve is the fact that people make them with the obvious intent to try to make them evil......but in reality, what do they turn out to be? Mean lions. Mean wolves. Yeah, I would'nt doubt if you could take at least HALF of the demon characters on Feral-heart and reclassify them based on behavior.  Many of the ones Ive seen "love their pups" and "love their mates" and they don't really have any ambitions. They just strike me as an aggressive animal with no ambition, the "mean guy" who is just like everyone else looking for the couple of kids and a warm little home. That's it.

Aggression is /not/ the same as evil. I have a non-demonic character who, quite frankly, by some could /easily/ be labeled as evil. She's a horrible mother, self-centered, and most of the time quite solitary. However, she is'nt purposefully and ambitiously harming others for her own entertainment or goals, and is not evil.

People also don't seem to understand, wild canines and felines are dangerous animals. If you're just making your character demonic or angelic to seem "Dangerous" or more aggressive, you're working too hard. Ever notice many animals make calls to ward /other/ animals away? It prevents conflict, it prevents fights/disputes. Even normal animals can be dangerous to one another.

However, one must remember Feral Heart has a HUGE age range and some of these character's creators, kids, are getting their ideas from things like anime/Tv/comic books and as a result, sometimes their impressions are very... similar. (And no, Im not saying some adult players have not done the same thing as their younger counterparts).

As for angel characters, I feel like it is a cry to get attention, or be "prettier" than everyone else. I don't care if your character is angelic or not, nobody likes a mary sue, nobody likes "perfection." And jumping out into or taking on every single fight that is thrown at a character is not necesarily a demonstration of bravery. Fearlessness perhaps but bravery? No. And fearlessness can /easily/ be classified as foolishness. Not taking on a challenge may be intelligent, not a sign of being a coward.

And in saying some may be doing to be more "pretty" or "handsome" in terms of their character, this goes back to the mate seekers/beggars and the people who take RP too seriously.

Guys, You are /not/ your character, the relationship is /not/ real and not a single one of your characters /needs/ a mate. You /want/ a mate /for/ /them,/ not you.

I think Im done here for now. x.x
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 07:42:17 pm by Silhouette »

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 11:27:01 pm »
I personally like Demon characters, I do not know why though. Maybe the looks of them? The oddness? Lol idk! I love them!
not active here anymore ♡

Offline Shally

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 12:59:56 am »
I don't have any angel nor demon characters, but all of my characters aren't really what I'd call realistic either I suppose.

I don't have anything against these characters, in fact I'd encourage all to just set their imagination free and just create whatever they like. It's one of things this game is about I suppose ;3

Though when you see 5-10 floofs that has the same character markings and style it does become somewhat boring ;o It doesn't mean that anyone is coping the other, and I get that you might like the coloring of someone's character and wants to use it yourself.. But that's not what creativity is about for me.

So. Let your imagination run free, be it that you make a demon/angel character or a grey and yellow little lynx with banana ears! x)

Cheers// Shallow

Offline ace13

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
  • Squash ball racquets PROHIBITED!
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 09:50:45 am »
I have nothing against them. When I first joined FeralHeart, my seconed character ever was an angel xD And then, on from there, I started making a whole mess of demonic characters. I've got a thing for demon character, my main character is actually supposed to be a demond in story, but just through game, I'm just an odd looking wolfy with hair that looks like grass xD

wolfdog01

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2012, 03:16:14 pm »
When I first joined FH my first char was an angel, close to Ace lol. But then I used to be obsessed with RPing, thankfully my RP friend got banned so now I'm having much more fun on here, but anyways. After the ban, I delete most of my chars, 10/11 in fact, and I kept my non RP one. I soon created three more, one of them was Thyme. Now yes Thyme is a demon, or more or less half demon by the way she acts I suppose. But I played Thyme more than the others, and soon, deleted the others as well to where all I had was Thyme. It was a long story but I find demons to be cool in real life, now on games, eh, it depends.

In FeralHeart, it may be taken out of hand but usually those people don't have enough friends to help back them up. And those supposablly demonic groups? I belive most of those are just created fr a normal hang out for demons, even though MOST demons are NOT suppose to like company unless it is by a weapon. My Thyme is usually emotionless to anything that is thrown at her and she also has a bad tempur, so I suppose that would count as being a demon.

As said before me also, demons are not suppose to be perfect, and mine certainly is not. She has a bad, depressing past yes, but she is not beautiful, is what she thinks, she has male like features like her mane mainly.

So if I were to say anything about demons in FH, it would be: At least relate to a demonic nature
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 03:25:30 am by ~Thyme~ »

Offline FantasyDawn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Lover of Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2012, 04:02:30 pm »
I have only one demon character.I made it because I wanted to try out a Demon RP...thought it would be something new.But I don't play on it anymore.It's not like I hate theese kind of characters but I don't feel well in their skins.

"Derpa-Derp."