Author Topic: To many goodies.  (Read 1079 times)

Offline Ruined

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
To many goodies.
« on: December 14, 2012, 01:22:15 am »
I'm getting so many bad tokens that it's unbarable. I don't know why I keep getting them. I switched to Direct3 or something. Water reflection down, view distance all the way down.  This only happens in /all/ the maps I try to get into. (Not the default ones.)

First, it shows the FH program as 'not responding.'
Once that's cleared away, it comes up as a bad token.
Normally it would do this once or twice, but now it seems to be non-stop.

Ive been trying for 5 hours. (Not exagerating) to get into a map.

Please... Any help to get Feral-heart working properly?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 01:35:36 am by Ruined »
Click [here] to view the Etched Howl website! :D

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: To many goodies.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 01:25:01 am »
Are you getting them on all maps or just when you try to enter Fluorite Plains? If you get them when you are trying to enter Fluorite only it's possible it's due to all the crowding there. Fluorite Plains gets full of people often and so it is hard to enter it without getting bad tokens or the failed to connect to the map server errors during it's full hours. Check the map populations by holding your clicker over the right side of the forum to avoid going into Fluorite during the full hours.

As said in the Big Help Thread:

Bad tokens is the servers way to tell you that something went wrong when loading a map/location most of the times. The client failing to communicate with the server, or other way around. If there was some connection problems just during the time you tried to load a new map, this might happen to you. Also maps that has an extreme amount of online users, or more objects and other custom things might take longer to load, and the chance of getting bad tokens might rise. Usually the issue doesn't last for too long and get solved by just trying going through a portal again or loading the character again or just keep reconnecting, for some it's worse than others.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 01:30:06 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline Ruined

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 01:26:30 am »
All on maps.

Offline Slydragon99

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
  • am dead
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 01:28:34 am »
Even if you DO get them in most maps, it could just be the lag factor. Lots of people get lag.

Check your internet connection too, that is an issue if you dont have much.

art by dearhunters on da

Offline Ruined

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 01:31:30 am »

Check your internet connection too, that is an issue if you dont have much.

My internet connection works fine.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 01:46:37 am »
Unfortunately chances are that you're just going to have to deal with the bad tokens. Sometimes when the server is restarted the bad token problems fix up while other times they sometimes randomly fix up themselves after some time or don't fix up at all. I've never really seen any direct fix for this but you could also just try uninstalling the game, deleting the main Feral Heart folder and then finally reinstall. While bad tokens are usually a connection/loading issue they are sometimes fixed that way since sometimes people have some messed up files. Just be sure to back up any important files like presets into a folder else where if you do decide to uninstall the game.

Offline -Rapid-

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 01:54:59 am »
I don't think re-installing the game would help... because it's a connection problem. But does it work in Lonely Cave, or do you still get bad tokens? It might just be a connection problem, but maybe it only effects a couple people? I don't know, maybe wait? But as you said you tried for hours. But I guess if your connection is fine and it's happening to all of your maps, maybe you can give re-installing a shot. If that doesn't work that personal message some one you know who can probably help... a staff member, maybe? I hope you figure this out.

Feral Heart is having some connection issues lately, too, it mght just have a bigger effect on other people. Not sure, though. I hope you get this fixed. c:

And then Suragaha posts the minute before I post this... xD