Author Topic: Map and Preset Discussion  (Read 1237 times)

Offline Ciaio

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Ephesians 2:1-10 ~ What Amazing Grace
    • View Profile
Map and Preset Discussion
« on: December 14, 2012, 07:35:30 am »
How many here have had the experience of getting lost in a FH world?  Fluorite Plains especially is a problem for me when it comes to finding portals and such.  I think that it would save a lot of time and confusion to add some sort of simple markers to the map showing where the exit and entrance portals are.  Not too difficult, just mark the maps in-game instead of including a PDF document in the base files which most players never see.  On the same topic of maps, another thing that would be good to change is the zooming out/in feature of the map.  Zooming out is pointless since the map just fades out until you can't see it anymore.

On the topic of presets; I thought it would be a good idea to add a feature where you can actually export your character textures that you made IN GAME, non-custom, into the exports folder for editing in an image-editing program like Paint.net or Gimp.  That way you can still get the same look and level of detail, just with your personal tweaks and color modifications.  What do all you out there in Cyber-land think?
"There is therefore now no condemnation against those who are in Christ Jesus."
--Romans 8:1

Offline FeralFireHeart

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • ~ I Desire Fire ~
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
Re: Map and Preset Discussion
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 03:50:11 pm »
Well, the markers on maps to show where portals are idea is quite good, but YOU might just get the benefit of it because you're new to FH (I'm assuming).
A lot of new players do get confused about where the portals are and how to find you're way around the worldz, but to be honest, once you've properly found you're way around, you then become used to your surroundings and you know where everything is....
And besides, isn't the point of FH to explore and find the portals and places anywayz?
You only get this opportunity once, before you get used to it, so maybe in some way, having markers on the maps would spoil the sense of adventure :)
These are really good ideas you've made by the way, so don't get put down by what I've said ;)

Offline Ciaio

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Ephesians 2:1-10 ~ What Amazing Grace
    • View Profile
Re: Map and Preset Discussion
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 06:04:45 am »
Actually, I've been pretty much everywhere on the game now, and I was kind of hoping to find out (through the marker idea) that I was missing something; some world.  By the way, does anyone have any idea how to add music to custom maps?  I input the name of the file (it is in the media folder), but it doesn't appear to be working.  Any help would be appreciated.
"There is therefore now no condemnation against those who are in Christ Jesus."
--Romans 8:1