Author Topic: I NEED MAJOR HELP!!!  (Read 1344 times)

Offline Neskii

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
I NEED MAJOR HELP!!!
« on: December 15, 2012, 02:03:06 am »
Hi :)
I have been on feral hearts for about a year now, and what is happening to me has never happened before.
My feral hearts game quits on me every time i try and open it. I have tried redownloading the game and even got feral heart +. But now that is quitting! >:(
I dont want to delete all of the objects i have because i have millions! and i dont want to delete my hard worked on maps.
What do i do??

Offline ShadowClasher

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • I'm the biggest Butt-tuba
    • View Profile
Re: I NEED MAJOR HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 02:06:24 am »
OK, so first, when does it start closing? Before the screen pops up or what?

If it quits right away, check your particle folder for anything labeled _0 or _1 at the end. Delete them and you should be good. If it's something else, just say. c:

*wink wink*

?  There's this little thing called love ?

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 03:49:18 am »
As Kiri said definately make sure to check for double particles. If you do not find any though when exactly does the crash happen? As you are clicking the icon or mid way in game? Also do you notice any specific error messages that pop up on crash? If so what do they say?
A few tips:
You don't have to delete all your hard work. If anything just create a folder else where in the computer and copy paste all your important files like presets etc into it. Once you've secured your valuable files uninstall the game, delete the main Feral Heart folder and then reinstall. After this you can transfer over your old valuable files back into their proper locations in the new installed Feral Heart.

If things still do not work after that you can also try doing this if you can get as far as the game's main menu:
On the main menu click where it says "options" from there then click "video". Set the video settings as so:
Switch from OpenGL to Direct3D9
Turn off Water reflection
Turn anti aliasing to none
Turn view distance to 0
Hope something here helps. Goodluck

Offline AnimeWolves1

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 06:00:03 am »
What lord told you... And make sure you have FeralHeart into your LOCAL(c) drive, otherwise it won't start -.-

Offline Tenturo

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • small bean
    • Goldown
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 06:23:34 am »
Something else you could do is check in your files and copy and paste every file YOU made in FH like objects, maps, presets, etc. into a seperate folder (folders) into your main documents. Then you can redownload the entire game. If your computer has a virus (Probably not the case but still) then put the files you made for FeralHeart, that folder with all the files you want to save? Well, also put it on a portable flashdrive, so that you can reload them if you loose basically everything.  So yes, in short:

1. Save all wanted FH files into a seperate folder or folders
2. Delete your current FH.
3. Redownload it.
4. First test it and see if it works.
5. If it works, place all of your map files, object files, etc, and test it again.
6. If it works again, hurray!!!
7. If it does not work, I would probably contact  a staff member: Click Here To View The Staff.

I hoped I have helped.

~Murr-Woofkita

Previous Username: Woofkita
Avatar Art done by Exotic Foods on Discord | Sig Art by Inferni on dA

Offline Neskii

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 12:09:21 pm »
Thank you all for helping.
It quits before the Kovu sign even pops up. No messages come except the "Feral Hearts has stopped working" error message. Thank you for all your help :D

Thierry

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 08:36:57 pm »
If you still needing help and you cannot find a way to fix it, i can help using team viewer if you want. Just find me when im online at feralheart.