Author Topic: Map Creating (Not a standard sort of thing...)  (Read 906 times)

Offline ChloRill

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Nya~ xD
    • View Profile
Map Creating (Not a standard sort of thing...)
« on: December 23, 2012, 08:40:34 am »
Hey there! It's not vitally important to know the answer to this, but is it possible to have two different computers contain the same map creating files? You may not understand. What I mean is, my friend and I both kinda want to help each other create this map... She lives on the East side of the US, me on the West. Is it possible for both of us to be able to use the map files to edit the map? If so, how? Thank you for your time  :D
Scream, shout! Scream, shout! We are the Fallen Angels!
We are the in between, cast down as sons of war,
struck to the earth like lightning, on this world we're torn,
we wont cause the pain, of livin' out their law,
take joy in who you are, we know our wings are flawed~

BVB - Fallen Angels

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Re: Map Creating (Not a standard sort of thing...)
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 02:30:51 pm »
Hey there! It's not vitally important to know the answer to this, but is it possible to have two different computers contain the same map creating files? You may not understand. What I mean is, my friend and I both kinda want to help each other create this map... She lives on the East side of the US, me on the West. Is it possible for both of us to be able to use the map files to edit the map? If so, how? Thank you for your time  

Yes, it is possible actually. First you make the terrain map height and mask then upload it in map maker (I'm assuming you know how to make the height map and mask.) Once you have done, re-size the map, pick the mask textures and the water height. You then want to name the map.

Now here is the mane part. I advise you to add what you want in the map first such as tree's, log's other meshes or particles THEN export your map, again making sure you have named it. After that go to Feral Heart >> Media >> Terrains and find your map's folder. Make sure to put the Mask and height map you drew into the folder and send it to a .zip folder. Finally send it to your friend by uploading the zipped file to mediafire so they can put it into their Terrain folder also giving them the opportunity to add what they wish. (When they locate the file into the terrain folder, be sure they take the map height and mask you drew out of the folder.)

If you are wanting to add more to the map make sure your friend follows the same process so you get the update of the map. Make sure (If you want it back) to replace the map. If you are happy with it take the map height and mask you drew out of the folder. I hoped this helped, PM me if you're having any trouble. c:
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 02:38:38 pm by BigBangTheory »

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone