Author Topic: Is there an in-depth but easy to follow Blender tutorial anywhere?  (Read 1072 times)

Offline xXHells_AngelXx

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • -Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost-
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
I have absolutely no idea how to even install the exporter, python, and XML converter or how to use them or get FeralHeart files into blender. I'm so lost x___x

? - - - - - - - - - - - - ?
stitch . me . back . up .

-Not all those who wander are lost.-

"Love is the only thing worth fighting for."-Daniel Grigori

Offline -Rapid-

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
    • View Profile
Re: Is there an in-depth but easy to follow Blender tutorial anywhere?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 05:12:21 pm »
Here's a Blender tutorial for FeralHeart:

http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=11025.0

I hope this helps you.

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
Re: Is there an in-depth but easy to follow Blender tutorial anywhere?
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 01:19:19 am »
I have absolutely no idea how to even install the exporter, python, and XML converter or how to use them or get FeralHeart files into blender. I'm so lost x___x

Here's a Blender tutorial for FeralHeart:

http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=11025.0

I hope this helps you.

Basically, that.

Adding on though,
Blender is very touchy, demands that whatever you download should be correct to your system type, ex: 64 or 32 bit. So you'll need to make sure you are downloading the right type.
Secondly,
the correct version.
The Blender Foundation is constantly making changes and releasing new versions.
Your best bet would be to get a version of Blender that isn't beta, and the corresponding Python isn't beta, so you don't end up with issues/bugs.
Lastly, the exporter and XML converter only creates OGRE mesh files, but does not allow them to be imported to a scene, or opened. To access FH meshes, you'd need to have the .blend files, which are unobtainable to standard members.