Author Topic: Groups < They never work out. > 'n' < Friends....? >  (Read 1186 times)

Offline Apoc999

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Groups < They never work out. > 'n' < Friends....? >
« on: December 29, 2012, 12:32:14 am »
I've noticed that a group roleplay only works out one the first day or even during the first week. After that it starst to fall apart. I miss the odl roleplay times... Like we didn't need a group to do a free roleplay on Local...
Well, stometimes I roleplay in Local but it's getting hard to make new friends. When I make new friends... We start in a good way and it ends bad. Everyday I got 10 friends online but everyone's buzy or they say: Do I know you? "...
Anyway... What do you think?

Offline FantasyDawn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Lover of Fantasy
    • View Profile
Re: Groups < They never work out. > 'n' < Friends....? >
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 04:12:15 pm »
This is the same thing I noticed!WHen I first joined FH I was always looking for RPs.The first day everything was cool,we got to know each other and all that.The next day when I logged on hoping to meet the others and continue our RP,only like 3 were on that time so we tried to continue our RP however it wasn't any interesting.Later,BAM!no one in the group was on or they were on but on toehr chars.
And so on, the group became dead.I could barely see someone on.None of the groups I joined lasted more than two days.

"Derpa-Derp."

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 04:15:46 pm »
This has been going on for a while unfortunately.
I've always recommended RP's with maps, they seem more serious and well organized, and overall are more fun and active than just your ordinary RP found in Fluorite.
Regarding the friend issue, that's happened loads of times with me, normally they're people who I added on the list for RP's but forgot - it's sad actually. Even if I don't know them, I'll just say a friendly hello and start talking.
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

Offline ZipherAvenger

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Organized Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 07:04:59 pm »
Sadly, I'm sure that everyone has experienced that in one way or another during their time on this game. Personally it took me a few months to finally find a pack that was pretty close... and that was a pack that soon had a map. From what I've seen, it's better to join a roleplay group that has created a map specifically for that group. As said before, the group usually ends up being more organized and their focus is more towards the roleplay than anything else. It's also a good sign if the group has a website. The group I am apart of isn't very active as of now, but we still keep in contact with one another on other websites and such.

In the end, I suggest not expecting much when you join a group that mainly roleplays on public maps, mostly consists of strangers that were brought together from advertising, and ends up being rather large just in the first day. One time that happened to me and a lot of the people from the first day never came back. Only a few remained... and none of them included the actual leader. And so, the group failed. But still, I ended up meeting the leader (now a good friend) of the pack that I ended up loving just from being apart of the unorganized one.

All in all, just don't get your hopes up when it comes to groups that are advertised to the whole map and is made by someone that decided to create a roleplay on the spot without really any planning ahead of time. But hey, ya may meet a new friend if you try a group like that out, anyway.
~*~What is this "sleep" you speak of?~*~

~*~Demon of the Snow~*~

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 12:38:25 am »
It's a harsh reality on this game. I've made groups that have like up to 30 members, but only 3-6 members are active with the RP.
Inactive