Author Topic: Have you ever survived a crash wave?  (Read 1773 times)

Offline Wolfexpert79

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 45
  • I'm...shocked...T_T
    • View Profile
    • Gierra RPG Forum
Have you ever survived a crash wave?
« on: December 29, 2012, 05:36:01 pm »
Yep, I remember the old days when crash waves were common. At one moment your RPing with some friends and then all of a sudden all of the people on FH disconnect. At the same time. Now there's only a handful of people online and everyone eventually manages to sign back on.

So, have you ever been missed by a crash wave? Share your stories  :P

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
Re: Have you ever survived a crash wave?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 05:38:26 pm »
Mhm, multiple times. You freeze in place for a second or two due to the amount of people crashing at the same time.
Though, I cannot remember anything specific. o.e
RETIRED.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 05:50:08 pm »
lol oh yeah -gets in the rocking chair- I'll tell you young ins of the time I survived the Great Bonfire Fluorite Crash. See here I was RPing in Bonfire a while back sometime last year on my old profile and all of a sudden I notice a bunch of people "losing connection" & "disconnecting"... Floofs were poofing from every direction. I just looked at my buddy and said "we've got to take this RP to Ficcho". As my friend and I ran in slow motion to the portal my friend stumbled behind and I turned around dramatically calling out to them... and then she poofed right before my eyes. :( "noooo!" With a heavy heart I lept through the portal and hid in the cavern. (yeah and so Bonfire & Fluorite lost signal that day and those of us who were lucky to stay in Ficcho survived) the end :) -cough- this story was not exaggerated.

~Firepool~

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 05:54:40 pm »

Omigosh I did once! I was the only one on the server for a few seconds. It was so cool, yet somewhat frightning. I believe I was in Flourite and it was during this summer I think.

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 09:43:46 pm »
I survived a crash wave once! Although, I didn't really realise I did until I can back to the FH window.
I was on the internet for whatever reason, so I was on brb in FH for a little while. I came to the forum, had a look at the user number in the maps, and in Fluorite, which was the map I was in at the time, had only nine users in it. I saw that and thought, "Oh, I've probably crashed then," so I went back to the windown, and surprise surprise, I was still alive!  :D It was weirdly quiet and there were about four or five people sat around at the N/Z. Soon loads of people started logging on and spazzing in general chat about how they crashed and (nearly) everyone else crashed. Meanwhile, I sat here in my chair, smiling like an idiot thinking, "lol you lot crashed and I didn't. muahaha." XD

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

Offline ShadowClasher

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • I'm the biggest Butt-tuba
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 10:06:49 pm »
Oh, the fun 'ole days.
I've been in too many. ._.'

I remember once I was in Fluorite talking in General with all these people randomly and then ... it happened. -Dramatic chipmunk- Everyone in General poofed. I flipped out 'cause I think I was a newbie when that happened or something like that.

Another time I was roleplaying with a friend and I was making myself an enchilada. I heard the microwave was done, so I ran to get it for literally 45 seconds. Got back. Partner was poofed. Group was poofed. Everyone was poofed. I flipped out. Ran around the Maps for literally like two minutes with three or four people running behind doing the same. xD It was hysterical when other people got back on and are like: ".___.".

*wink wink*

?  There's this little thing called love ?

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 08:10:00 am »
I think I had did a few times during all of the crash waves. One time I was RPing with my Warrior cat group, then everyone poofed and only like 4 of 5 people survived, including me. It took like 3 minutes I think for them to go all back online. It was funny.

PolarisStar

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 05:12:53 pm »
Actually I think so. It was with the newer version of Feral Heart though. I was going with my wolf Blair Moon to the South Pole then when I looked around almost no one was there. Only like five people. So I got bored of watching the sunset and left but RIGHT as I went into the portal EVERYONE started to flood in. I was so mad XD so I went back