Author Topic: Garden of Shadows [Inactive since 28/01/2013]  (Read 18203 times)

Offline emmiere

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Garden of Shadows (Literate and ACCEPTING)
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2013, 02:57:52 am »
((Thank you guys... I still feel icky, but I feel well enough to post. Also, Gene has a belief that Mother loves her and will come back for her. She's been in the forest longer than most, and her beleif that Mother will come back has kept her from fading. She knows the forest well. I have to add that xD))

g????????

Throughout the whispers and pleads for help, a small body moved through the shadows, confidently and un-phased. Gene watched the boys and girls passing by her, shouting for mother. A little girl, about a year younger than Gene, approached her. Gene picked up the little girl's fading hand and stared at her dull grey eyes. "Mother will come back for us, you'll see." With that, the little girl's figure became more clear. She hugged Gene, tears running down her face. Gene stared ahead blankly, thinking of when she had first come to this forest. She had been confused like the others. The little girl that latched onto Gene ran away, yelling for Mother. Gene sat down on the wet cold grass, picking a small patch of life. A small dying flower lay on the grass of the forest. It was once a sunflower. But as Gene examined it, it began to wilt more. She lay the flower onto the ground once more, careful with the once beautiful object. She rose to her feet and heard more screaming. But one stood out in Gene's ears. It was older, of course. But much like a boy's voice, but lower. She stood behind a wilting willow, staring at him. His pants got tangled in a thorn bush and Gene had to bite her tongue to keep from laughing. Laugh. The word sounded so foreign, so unused in this realm. She rubbed her hands up and down the willow's bark. A memory sparked in her brain. A woman and a man, sitting under a willow with her. Laughter and happiness was all that Gene thought of during those times. Gene swiped a hot tear away from her cheek. "Mother will come back for me.." She mumbled. Her attention turned back to the boy as he yelled, "MOTHER!" Something about him reminded her of someone... Another memory. Being teased all day, but at the end of the day still loving. Her brother, much like this boy. Hot tears began flowing down her cheeks. Before she thought of it, she ran up to the boy and buried her face in him and sobbed.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 09:39:37 pm by ?_Aphex_? »

"You don't tame a vixen, you just travel in her wake."

SoulRevenge

« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2013, 03:24:20 pm »
(I've recently read a book called "Breathe"-- Twas' wonderful, not to mention it reminded me an awful lot of this roleplay ono. Hope I don't seem a bit late with joining xDD.))

(^Gawd I was such a derp when I took that photo :U. And I grey-scaled it, and now It just looks stupid :U. .  Smilinglikeaidioootandwearingmyglasses--- /Shotdead)
Name: Felix '___'

Nickname: "Feeli"

History: Felix lead out a little more than 'average' life--- his parents had rather good jobs, as his mother was a doctor whilst his father was a lawyer. He was often ignored or reffered to as "terribly weird and eccentric" in school though, as he did have rather strange interests, and the manner in which his mind worked was always a strange one at that. He was never the physical type of person, despite the fact that he occasionaly signed up for sports- just to help with getting into college or something of the sort, though. Otherwise it was basicly the pale kid with strange tastes, and an often grumpy personality.
 One that loved wondering about in the forest during winter at that. Felix, as usual- was drawn into the mass of trees, frozen rivers, frosted grass, and eerie light flickering through the snow-bound leaves when he met "Other Mother"-- as he reffers to her. Why this was done? Out of curiosity, or the feeling that he could be part of another book or something of the sort-- something that would get him noticed though, most defiantly something like that.
For reality is boring- and it's better to follow the things you know that will lead you to something different.

Personality: Felix tends to be a rather. . . socially awkward penguin if you will. He is most defiantly not scared easily, which is good- as this place appears to be terribly eerie. Though he would probaly like such a thing, as anything eerie, different, dull-white and pale was of his tastes. Some people have always sought him to be 'emotional' if anything at all, but if you could see him when 'he wasn't in his usual, sleep-deprived state', you'd soon realise that he actually tends to be rather cheerful, motivational, and a brilliant leader- because he doesn't have a computer or a book to keep him up in here, you'll probaly see him in this mood more than the typical grumpy one.
Often times he acts terribly mature for his age, for he loves making people basicly fall over their chair in suprise of what he's capable of doing (By 'people' I'm mainly reffering to adults or those close to being adults). When it comes to arguments involving intelligience, he often makes brilliant come-backs which makes the other person seem far more unknowledgable that unusual, and he; more knowledgable then he truly is. Because of this, Felix may occasionaly seem like a sort of smart-alec.
As for his parents, especially his mother- he never really thought much of her. There wasn't even a truly strong bond between them, infact he simply saw her to be his custodian, and that was just about it. Of course though, he still has no intention of loosing his 'custodian'-- simply a strong soul that appears not to trust the world has kept him in this beautiful, mysterious 'hell', rather than a strong belief that people would come back. His distaste towards his parents might be the reason why he followed the "Other Mother" at one point in time- or, he just wanted something else to do. Something that would turn a normal walk into something that might happen in a book.
 Because he trusts no one, of course he can not be trusted. But it's not precisely easy to /not/ trust him- for Felix is terribly manipulative, and will not hesitate to use people he has not known for quite some time as pawns. Just to add on to that- he's a brilliant liar, but sometimes his words are truth in disguise.

Eye color: Sea-Green

Hair Color: Dark Brunnete

Extra: Nothing Really ouo. Other than most of the time he refuses to wear the glasses- honestly they're barely neccesary.  

(Regarding the last name: I intend on keeping the last name a secret until further notice- Honestly I'm still thinking xDD)

Offline emmiere

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2013, 06:07:15 pm »
Accepted. I'll add your character in a bit.

Offline ShadowClasher

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • I'm the biggest Butt-tuba
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2013, 06:50:43 pm »

Trevor

Trevor almost tumbled backwards as a little girl basically tackled him. His hand went up to slap down defensively until he realized the girl was trying to hug him and started sobbing. Not know exactly what to do, Trevor embraced the girl, trying to figure out who she was. He'd been in the woods for a little while, but a little girl? Now that was cruel. Reaching down, he picked her up by the waist and carried her a few feet to a fallen log and then sat down, with her on his lap. "Uh, hey there." Trevor began, a slight smile on his face. "How long you been in the woods? Not a place you should be, eh?" With one hand, he straightened the girl's hair out while asking another question. "What's your name?"

Looking at the girl almost reminded him of his mother. Long blonde hair and blue eyes. Of course Trevor's mother was older, but still. The girl's characteristics were strangely very alike. The cold, unwelcoming breeze ruffled his hair, making him turn around wearily to check that there was no one there. This place didn't seem very friendly. "My name's Trevor." Trevor's attention went back to the girl, still awaiting her answer. She looked so small against the dark, shadowy forest. So frail, though he did doubt that mostly. No young girl who had emotional problems, wouldn't last a minute here without crying or having a nervous breakdown.

*wink wink*

?  There's this little thing called love ?

SoulRevenge

« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2013, 08:14:12 pm »
Felix

The boy would of face-palmed right at the moment that the girl in which so foolishly wept for "Other Mother" more or less 'glomped' (or tackle-hugged, both worked) another person, which was a seemingly much older boy. Couldn't these people just sit down, and enjoy the atmosphere? Or at least accept the fact that this was like one of the children's book in which people wrote, the ones about boys and girls that are trapped in another universe by a ghost-- they seemed to be terribly incapable of comprehending that this was just like standing in their shoes, only instead of being attacked by vicious creatures, being saved by strange natives, and befriending them and carrying on with an adventure---
  Well, they were simply trapped her with other people.
"Obviously I won't follow them!" The boy muttered to himself, lifting a figure to lift up his terribly over-sized black rimmed glasses, which were entirely uneccesary, as he could see just as well without him-- a fun thing to wear, none the less. As it made the "grumpy" character in this story appear to be a little nerdy.

"No~ that'd be stupid! They probaly aren't of importance anyway-- it'd be much smarter to just wait for someone else to wonder on up to this old willow, then we'd probaly all end up interacted if they stayed in the same spot. . oh what does it matter! I'll meet up with someone,"

Felix began to slowly hug onto one of the thick limbs of the slowly wilting willow- but the fact that it was slowly wilting and seemingly grey-scale was the reason he liked it-- the girl and the boy had already left, but there was nothing wrong with trying to catch a glimpse of them  off in the distance, just to see what they were doing. Already he had formed an idea of "What kind of characters" these people were-- The girl would be the adorable one most readers liked, whilst the boy would probaly be the hero or something of the sort-- of course, he remained the grumpy person, or he could be the seemingly cheerful 'derp' that the readers hated or simply adored at the end.

"Maybe instead of looking for perticuliar people to interact with,"

"I should think that this is far more than a book, and something not written by someone's hand!"

Though this was typical behaviour for a fool so easily obsessed over things of this sort-- especially a fool that sought everything but the real world to be a story in some way, and one that seemed to enjoy scolding himself.

Offline emmiere

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2013, 09:38:29 pm »
g????????

Genevieve wiped her tears off of her face as the boy carried her to a log and put her in his lap. Human contact felt so foreign to Gene, and the boy was much warmer than the rest. He must've been new to the woods. "Uh, hey there." She stared at him for a moment and nodded, staring at her hands in her lap. They faded just a tiny bit and Gene thought of Mother and let the color go back into her hands. As the boy smoothed out her hair, Gene jumped instinctively, then got used to the feeling.  "How long you been in the woods? Not a place you should be, eh?" Gene stared at him for a moment. She shook her head and said "I've been here much longer than most... I know how to get everywhere here... I've gone the longest time without fading." She paused for a moment and felt a gust of wind. She looked around, hoping it was Mother. "This is where I should be... Mother made that clear to me. She'll come back. She's just trying to help more children get to where they belong, that's why she hasn't come back." Gene took a breath and stared at the ground as the boy, Trevor, stared at her. "What's your name?" He asked. Gene stared at the ground for a moment and gulped. "Genevieve... A lot of people call me Gene." She took a deep breath, feeling the cool atmosphere sooth her. In the distance, the Castle rose above the many trees. Gene had heard many stories that Mother lived there. Gene's main mission was to get there, but fear of fading had kept her from going herself.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 12:40:39 am by ?_Aphex_? »

Offline ShadowClasher

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • I'm the biggest Butt-tuba
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2013, 10:03:59 pm »

Trevor

"Well, nice to meet you Genevieve." Trevor gave one of his childish, cheesy big grins and then let it fall away. "Well, I don't know about Mother ... but I'm here. And hoping she'll come back here so I can punch her dirty little--" Realizing he was in the presence of what, a seven year-old? He shut up. She was apparently still hoping Mother was going to come back and rescue her, and Trevor didn't want to down it to her. "I mean ... uh ... I, uh, can't wait to see her again when she comes back." He swallowed the lump that suddenly formed in his throat and looked around again, with the feeling that they were being watched. If Mother did coincidently just appeared, he would have to just cover Gene's eyes while her beat the lady with whatever he could reach. Possibly a stick.

Trevor glanced around the body of the girl and searched the never-ending shadows. He could swear something was out there, but he turned his attention back to Gene, not wanting to scare her ... even though it seemed that she'd been here for awhile. A lot longer than him at least.

Another chill crept up the farmer boy's spine. Trevor forced himself not to look behind him, like he had countless times before when he was first getting here and after Mother left him. Trying to blank out his thoughts, he asked another question; one that he needed aswell. "So, do you just wander or do you have a specific ... hidey-hole?" Even though it really couldn't get darker, it could definitely get colder. It was already doing so as Trevor thought of this.

*wink wink*

?  There's this little thing called love ?

Offline Wolfie_Lover

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2013, 12:23:25 am »

Alavar

Alavar clung to her stomach, she stood up. She felt as if she could retch up her own stomach. A wave of bangs covered her eyes, she tried to shift them without loosen her hold on her sister's hand. "Will Mother be back? You know... The other Mother." Antji asked. Alavar paused, unknowing. The two started walking once more. It started getting dark... Really dark. Antji never left her sister's profile, Alavar could feel the little eyes burning her face. The older girl tripped on a root, and hurt her shoulder. My shoulder and stomach hurt. Great. She let out a sigh, and then got back to walking. Something tells me... No. I can't think of that. Alavar thought, looking at her sister with sad hazel eyes.

After wandering loosely around the woods, the pain in her shoulder left but it was becoming swollen. They kept walking, and found a boy, roughly her age, and a little girl, about her sister's age. Alavar stopped, wondering if they would be safe around the other two. "C'mon, lets go say hi." Antji whispered, letting go of her sisters hand. The older girl tried to stop her sister, but ended up right next to her, right in front of the other two. "Uh... Hi." Alavar said nervously, when little Ant blurted her introduction.

(-Nothing to put for little Antji-)

Offline emmiere

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2013, 01:15:55 am »
g????????

"Well, nice to meet you Genevieve." Gene nodded and began to stare at the Castle, her mind drifting. Not many children made it to the castle, and those who tried got lost. But Gene knew it better than most. Sighing, Trevor's voice snapped her back to reality. "Well, I don't know about Mother ... but I'm here. And hoping she'll come back here so I can punch her dirty little--" Gene stared at him once again, then looked down at his hands. The color in them was stronger than Gene's. She used to be much tanner than her pale ghostly appearance now. Only believing in mother kept her okay. She reached out to his hand and jumped at the sudden warmth. She had never felt something so warm in what felt like years. Her smaller hands held on to one of his, feeling the warmth soak back into her hands, like they once were. Taking a deep breath, she took her hands away from his. He must've said something as she did this, but she didn't hear. "So, do you just wander or do you have a specific ... hidey-hole?" Gene thought for a moment then looked to the dark horizon once again. "I wander. But I belong there. With Mother." Her small hand pointed to the castle in the distance, as it rose out from the trees. Gene's attention turned to two other girls standing nearby. Mother must've been busy...[ Gene thought as she stared for a moment. The older of the two said "Uh... Hi." Gene didn't say anything to the two. She looked up at Trevor, expectantly. Gene's throat ached from using it so much, and she didn't feel like talking now. She closed her eyes and breathed in the air, and felt a sudden burst of fatigue hit her. She yawned and moaned, rubbing her eyes tiredly.

SoulRevenge

« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2013, 01:47:43 am »
(I'm going to wait for Soaring to post before continuing ono)