Author Topic: When I first joined I.....  (Read 10308 times)

Offline Sayba

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
Re: When I first joined I.....
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2013, 01:54:48 pm »
and you can edit your controls, I do use the arrow keys to move and AWSD to move my head, because I changed it.

Offline nyanagram

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2013, 06:39:43 pm »
There's only a few things a can point out, considering that I'm still pretty much a newbie and probably know a lot less about FH than older members do. . . x3

- I remember that on my first day of playing FH I tried to chat in local with someone chatting in general. I thought the member's text was only green because they were staff. Derp.

- Made a grey wolf with yellow {the yellow that
's the default color for markings when making a character} swirls on it's body, which, despite what I thought at the time, did not look appealing.

- Spent most of my time in the South Pole trying to get someone to roleplay with me by crawling past random groups of people and saying things like 'Corda {The name of my first character mentioned above} crawled past the large group, trying her best to avoid them. She silently cursed her yellow markings that made her so easy to spot.' It worked occasionally.

? Couldn't figure out how to move for a while.
-----

Offline Soakitup

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • Timberrrrrr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2013, 04:08:31 am »
Upon first joining, I found my way to Flourite Plains and from there asked players for help as I needed it.

Offline Dark Greyodon

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • I'm a ghost robot with rocket feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2013, 08:20:08 am »
1. Read the manual on the forum and wrote down how to jump/run/turn/sit on a piece of paper which I kept in my lap.
2. Made my old somewhat unoriginal primary color white/secondary color black wolf OC Rain and started out in Lonely Cave and then went directly to the South Pole, where I slipped down the ice and figured out I had to jump up the slopes.
3. Talked to another newcomer for one minute and waited ten minutes after he logged out for his response.
4. Thought people could type in green but needed to be older members.
5. Thought "general" was an actual person who was constantly getting killed (like he was in a big war RP or something).
6. Knew how to fly but had no idea how to fly upwards--just jumped off high hills and went from there.
7. Got very annoyed with territorial sparkledogs (I still do but I tolerate sparkles better now and actually get annoyed with people saying you HAVE to be realistic OR ELSE).
8. Didn't understand that a lot of FH is homophobic and tried to find a female mate.
9. Joined my first pack, which I randomly got kicked out of (even though I was active and got along with everyone, including the alpha, and made very well sure not to powerplay).
10. Was deathly afraid of mods.
11. Wondered why people in movies were always still.
12. Thought anyone who cussed would get banned on the spot.
13. Thought Fluorite never ended (not literally but you get the picture).
14. Thought there was a secret hidden map inside of Last Cave, which I spent hours exploring.
15. Got lost in Last Cave and Atlantis repeatedly.

Offline FantasyDawn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Lover of Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2013, 09:50:16 am »
1.Made a character with random markings and random colors,it looked like a clown in the end.
2.Spent like 2 mins in lonely cave wondering where is everybody.
3.Got lost in ficho and in fluorite trying to figureout where are the other portals.
4.Hardly learned all command keys.
5.Sitting at stone bridge like 7 hours.
6.First joined an Rp was like "what must i do?"I thought when RP started we were supposed to teleport in another realm (yeah sounds stupid I know)
7.After  some months,I discovered Ascension Island by randomly running in lonely cave.
8.Failed badly in reaching the top of ascension.
9.Failed again in finding Last Cave.
10.Hardly learnt how to make maps/presets.
11.I spent hours going inAtlantis fromLast Cave because I swimmed way to far.
12.Made aqquintance with the bad tokens in fluorite.
13.Learnt to fly.But failed in landing.
14.Got addicted.

"Derpa-Derp."

Offline miksara1o1

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2013, 05:09:05 am »
It's all flooding back to me now! Ok here is some more.
Went in south pole and got a 'pup' our relationship was basicly running around,talking in whisper, and never RPing.I became friends with that person and their siblings. I now think that they were newbies and all the same person because they knew even less then me at times and had the same basic  personality, and all stoped playing all the sudden (( I still have them as friends even though I have not seen them for close to six months)) I miss 'them' 'they' were good 'friends' and joined with me into an warrior rp ((my first rp that I was surprisingly able to be litterate in)) as a  begining apprentice ((just started training)) With a pretty epic past.and ended up being depuy (( the rp died off soon but I think at its prime it was the best rp I have ever been in. We had alot of fun. Long live Hiddenclan~)) in. I met my curent Feralheart best friend from that rp so I was not heart broken too long.
Once before my 'friends' quit I had been so addicted to fralheart I pulled a 48hour long playing streek.I ended up having somewhat of a mental break down. Heres what I remember:I was chatting with my friend and her new found mate and all the sudden I blacked out for who knows how long (( I was home alone for this as I was most of it)) nd when I woke up the computer screen looked all messed up and dissorted and I ((out of my mind in a way)) attempted to chat. Whats happining to me? but i'm sure I just typed 'uhhefhbl enFNE;FHUAFNAOI' ((I don't think my friend was on for this because she never brought it up)) Or not at all maybe just spazed around. Then I blacked out again and woke up hours im sure later. I felt like I was going to die and keep shouting," Im going to die I feal like Im going to die kill me now kill me now" tryed to walk out to eat but was shaking and fell soon so I crawled over and was too weak to try to stand up or lift myself up so I got some chips from the bottom shelf and ate them ((Im sure half of what I tryed to eat ended up on the floor)) then I tyed to crawl back and blacked out. I woke up and screamed, "WERE AM I?!" and paniced for about 3 minuets before I 'forgot' about it and crawed back to bed for awile just stairing at a wall mummbling stuff before my dad came home. He called for me to hug him and somehow I managed to and was suddenly sleepy and just walked off into my room attempting to go to sleep. He called for me a few times trying to gt me to see what I think was his ne moterbike and I never awnseed untell finaly I got up and screamed,"NO I WANT SLEEP SLEEEEEEEEP!" and was bawling. He let me sleep and in the morning I was fine.

I noticed alot of you were doing the list style so for a challange try to do at-least one if not all of your When I first joined I......s' like this if you can :) I wil pick a random person who does all ((at least 4 t)) of them like this and they will have a map request. ^^ Have fun. Sorry if you could care less I just wanted to spice things up.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 05:13:25 am by paige »

ZombieKitteh

« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2013, 07:45:51 am »
I kinda remember my newbie days almost two years ago x)

-My first character was named after myself (Zombeh) and was a variation of purple colors.
-She was really tiny and I kept getting confused and frustrated that people asked me if I was a pup.
-Had no idea there were maps beyond Bonfire and stayed there a good few days.
-Had an obsession with dancelines and used random outbursts or just lying on the ground dead to attract attention
-Was saddened by the lack of literates on the game (at the time remember I only knew about  Bonfire)
-Spent a few hours trying to find my way through Ficho while I stopped to bother/talk to people.
-Took me a whole 20 minutes to find and join a roleplay (that was iliterate)
-Only joined mapless roleplays for the first week before giving maps a try (I think the first mapped one I joined was by Ouka)
-Joined almost any roleplay that was mapped I could
-Spent a few days figuring out how to make maps
-Tried to play with presets but gave up only to get the hang of it months later x3

Offline Arpana

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2013, 12:45:48 am »
1. I fiddled with the controls for about the first few times I came on. I was so used to the standard WolfQuest controls that I could not handle them, and I was too lazy to change the settings.
2. I only knew where Bonfire Island and Ficho Tunnel; I had no idea what Fluorite Plains or the Temple of Dreams were.
3. I did not know what the abbreviation 'RP' stood for or what it meant.
4. I had no idea how to change my chat settings to 'General' or 'Party'.
5. I narcissistically stared at my character that was lying down in Ficho Tunnel for about the first few days and practically did nothing else.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 02:35:53 pm by Trioditis »

Offline LonelyMerchant

• Curious Wanderer
    • skarsgaardian
    • StupidLegos
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2013, 05:59:19 am »
- Had absolutely no idea how to move a mesh around in object maker, nor how to load them

- Didn't know what 'Godmod' meant and thought it was something magical.

- Didn't know 'General' was a chat and took it as military-related for 3 days ever since I saw the post "*Gives cake to General*" and took it as an offering

- Made a bright pink wolf with pale pink markings and white underfur (now that I think about it, she looked like the Pepto Bismol wolf .-.).

- Thought Sky's Rim, Ascension Island and South Pole were custom maps.

- Didn't know there even were other maps until about 8 days later.

- Didn't know that pitch-white animals meant you couldn't see their markings unless you had them.

- Never knew how to sit up with X until a week later.

- Got lost in the plains every day.

- Thought that the Y river was a secret part of the plains.

- Always fell off the Temple of Dreams and gave up from rage.

- Once made a wolf that was told looked like it fell in paint.

- Never knew there were mane options until a day later.

- Barely talked in the first group I ever joined.

- Didn't know the trick to the ceiling glitch in Ficho.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 07:00:17 am by DarkMidnight »

Offline Demonology

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2013, 08:42:01 pm »
1. Didn't know how to walk, so I ran everywhere
2. Didn't know how to sit, lay down. etc.
3. Stayed in Bonfire all the time.
4. Had no idea how to RP
5. Didn't know how to download maps
6. Didn't know how to use emotes
I'll think of more later :P

You saw nothing.