Author Topic: Do you guys think i'm ok?  (Read 1678 times)

Offline Wolfexpert79

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 45
  • I'm...shocked...T_T
    • View Profile
    • Gierra RPG Forum
Do you guys think i'm ok?
« on: January 08, 2013, 01:32:10 am »
I've never thought much about it until now but I don't know if it's a problem or not.

I'm constantly getting left and right mixed up and I often remember when i'm wearing my headphones which have the "L and R" symbols so you know what goes in which ear. When I write my mind will be set on one letter but I write down something completely different (IE:I think of A but I write down Q) I'm not the best at remembering either. One time my sister said I gave her permission to borrow something of mine during dinner but I remember nothing of the event (this wasn't a long time ago mind you, it was like.. a week ago) I was assuming that she was lying or something but the rest of my family confirmed that I did indeed say that. Thing like this happened more than once.

When I read a book I would get sentences mixed up so it looks like one sentence and thus, makes no sense.

~EXAMPLE~
What the book says: The quick fox jumped over the lazy dog. The dog was so tired that it didn't notice the fox (it's just an example sentence, don't judge me XD)

What I read: The quick dog jumped over the lazy dog, the fox was so tired that it didn't notice the jump.

Also like I might've already stated above, I have problems remembering things that happened just recently.

~~~~~~~~~~
Please let me know what you guys think  :-\

Offline Tanglemask

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 64
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
    • Tangled in Bowties
Re: Do you guys think i'm ok?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 01:36:35 am »
I'm not a doctor and don't yell at me but perhaps you have something like Dyslexia? It's like a reading problem.

Why not try bringing this up to your parents and see if anything can be done. If it is Dyslexia its best to get help because it will be harder to work in school and stuff.

Hope it helps.

"I can't tell you the key to success but the key to failure is trying to please everyone" - Ed Sheeran

Offline liontamer1

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • I wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 01:36:59 am »
Oh, floof, You are just like me! I hate the left and right headphone things, and forgetfulness. e3e I only remember what's important to me. And yes, you are AWESOME! Don't ever doubt yourself. You are you and don't let someone else (Or even you) try to change that!
\
Take me, I am not afraid

Offline Wolfexpert79

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 45
  • I'm...shocked...T_T
    • View Profile
    • Gierra RPG Forum
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 01:43:50 am »

Offline Tanglemask

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 64
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
    • Tangled in Bowties
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 01:52:22 am »
Alright sweetie. Just don't worry about it too much okay? I have a few friends with Dyslexia. It's nothing to worry about and I'm sure you can find plenty of help be it that you do have it.

"I can't tell you the key to success but the key to failure is trying to please everyone" - Ed Sheeran

Offline Tetsune

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 83
  • It's not a crime to be brutally honest.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 02:57:53 am »
If you have Dyslexia, then so do I. I have the same problems xD

I don't think there's anything wrong with you at all, actually. Forgetfulness is common, writing/typing the wrong letters or words are simple mistakes as well. I have a feeling it just has to do with an active brain.

Nothing to worry about at all.

But if you're still convinced there's something wrong, you should talk to your parents. They can have a professional tell you if there IS something, and then have something done.
Asking on forums is kind of opening yourself up to paranoia or hypochondriac-like thoughts. c:
A JACK OF ALL TRADES, YOU COULD SAY!
PRESETS | ITEMS | OBJECTS

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 09:16:23 am »
One time my sister said I gave her permission to borrow something of mine during dinner but I remember nothing of the event

I've experienced something very similar. I saw my sister walk into the bathroom but I saw her watching tv when I came downstairs. She said that she walked out ages ago, played her computer next to mine and talked to me before going downstairs... didn't remember that at all.

I don't think it's anything serious, it will probably go away after a long wait :) If it continues though for more than a few months then you should talk to your parents about it.
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 10:35:42 am »
I think you are just fine.
There is a possibility that there is a hint of dyslexia, maybe ADD or something like that.
Dont worry about it though, a lot of people seem to have these issues.

It could also be that you are a bit absent minded.
Even if you are thinking and concentrating on something, it might not turn out the way you thought it would.
Maybe you should try to write things down to help yourself to remember things.
RETIRED.

Offline Nemena

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 03:42:03 pm »
It could possibly be dyslexia, but I think dyscalculia and dyspraxia (essentially maths-dyslexia and movement-dyslexia) both share similar directional/memory issues alongside their usual problems; they're pretty closely related! It's likely best to speak to your doctor to get a proper diagnosis if it's causing you bother. It could just be a minor case, just a case of absent-mindedness- or something else entirely; it's hard to tell without the help of a professional.

I myself have both dyscalculia (even I'm on my final semester of a Bachelors degree in mathematics/biology- wish I was diagnosed before starting!) and dyspraxia- and I'm lucky enough to have the entire suite of short-term memory, direction and left/right issues. :D
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 05:48:43 pm by Nemena »