Author Topic: Portals, y u no appear?  (Read 864 times)

Offline Koori

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Self-Proclaimed Official Hobo of Bonfire Island
    • Koori-Tora
    • View Profile
Portals, y u no appear?
« on: January 16, 2013, 10:20:00 pm »
I just downloaded a bunch of maps from my friend recently, but when I went to Cape to check them out, the portals were nowhere to be seen. I tried moving the files around and deleting files to make room, but still, I can't find the portals. On top of that, one of the maps I deleted is still showing up. Anyone got a clue?
Check out Myatar Legends! It's an IT server with a diverse choice of character models [including gryphon options], separate marking and eye colors, horns/antlers... Just take a look for yourself! http://myatarlegends.forumotion.com/

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Portals, y u no appear?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 10:22:49 pm »
First off double check that you followed these steps right when you installed the map(s) :) :

1.) Follow the "read me" file if there is one and place the files in the places where it says or just place all the files into the "Exports" folder

OR

If placing the map files into the Feral Heart "Exports" folder didn't make it work right than try placing the files as so:
FHM files go into FH>Media>Terrains
FHO files go into FH>Media>Objects
FHS/FHW go into FH>Media>Sky
Mp3 files go into FH>Media>Sounds/Music

Then restart the game

Hope that helps.

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 10:34:55 pm »
one of the maps I deleted is still showing up. Anyone got a clue?

Try deleting the map .fhm files in your Exports folder. If the map was one of your custom maps then delete your map folder and .map file from the Terrains folder ;)
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline Koori

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Self-Proclaimed Official Hobo of Bonfire Island
    • Koori-Tora
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 10:39:06 pm »
@LordSuragaha: Actually, this has been a problem for a couple days. I've restarted the game more than once since then.
And unfortunately, moving the files into their respective folders didn't help me. Both problems still persist.

@Ingredient: It wasn't my map. I can't make maps to save my life. XD
Check out Myatar Legends! It's an IT server with a diverse choice of character models [including gryphon options], separate marking and eye colors, horns/antlers... Just take a look for yourself! http://myatarlegends.forumotion.com/