Author Topic: Derpy Map Downloading Question  (Read 1068 times)

Offline Frozenflame

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
Derpy Map Downloading Question
« on: January 27, 2013, 03:57:52 am »
Title explains all, really.  I am planning on downloading my first map, the 'Animal Testing Facility' map, and I read the entire 'Downloading/Uploading a Map' thread. And thus have a really, honestly rather stupid, question.

You need WinRar to download a .rar, correct? Correct. My derpy question: Do you need it to download a .zip? ^^"   /Pfft, I know I'm so lame./

The tutorials and such never said anything about it, so I'm assuming no programs are needed. Still, though, don't want to screw anything up...

EDIT: Also, while I've got this thread up, one more quick question. Will it affect anything if I download the map onto a flashdrive rather than my actual computer??

Offline ShadowClasher

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • I'm the biggest Butt-tuba
    • View Profile
Re: Derpy Map Downloading Question
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 04:08:13 am »
Actually, instead of WinRAR, I would suggest using 7zip, another completely free and safe unzipper/zipper. It works for both .zip and .rar. c:

As for the other question? I think it'd be OK if you were transferring it to a computer and then put them in the correct FeralHeart folders on the PC/Laptop C: Drive. But FeralHeart itself should not be stowed on a flash-drive. And this factor also depends on how much memory it can hold compared to the download.

*wink wink*

?  There's this little thing called love ?

Offline Frozenflame

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 04:12:17 am »
7zip? Haven't heard of it, I'll go look it up, thank you! :3

Alright, I think I can manage that. x'D  I'd love to simply download it onto my computer, but I'm afraid it'd take up too much memory; 127 MB, to be exact. e-e 
And I have FeralHeart downloaded on my actual computer, no worries. ^^"

Alright, thank you again! :D

Offline ShadowClasher

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • I'm the biggest Butt-tuba
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 04:19:56 am »
Ah, I don't think you should be afraid of overusing any memory soon. MB are smaller than GM, so that really shouldn't take up much space at all! Of course if you do have a lot of memory taken up already, that might be better. c:

*wink wink*

?  There's this little thing called love ?

Offline Frozenflame

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 04:38:45 pm »
Really? Pfft, I thought they were smaller but my sister claimed they were bigger. xD

My computer is notoriously slow due to low memory, therefore why I'm downloading on a flashdrive. Thank you again for your help! :3