Author Topic: A guide to wolfspeak and why you shouldn't use it  (Read 143178 times)

Offline MoonFlower101

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Do not fear, Moony is here! *Warning: Pic changes*
    • View Profile
Re: A guide to wolfspeak and why you shouldn't use it
« Reply #100 on: March 23, 2013, 01:20:02 am »
XD Haha, yea. Pillars? And yes, it is quiet ridiculous literate Rps use unrealistic/unreal words for their rps, when they aren't real at all! Anyways, Medicial Terms? Unless in a Vet Rp, I wouldn't use them. And again, Pillars? Someone was like, pillars= Legs. Me: Pillars: A source used to make an item of support.  
Hm... I'd like to learn to speak/read your language one day 'Pillar People' XD
In Game: MoonFlower101

*Everyone dies;
                           Not Everyone Lives*

Offline Acetaminophen

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2013, 12:19:57 am »
wonder..... do the wolf-speakers use their misguided language in real life? For English, do they write their papers with such erroneous expressions that their teachers cannot possibly comprehend them? Has there been a FH-playing professor that wrote on a piece of homework "F, due to illegible wolf-speak"?

I just have to wonder.
When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind. - C. S. Lewis

Offline MoonFlower101

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Do not fear, Moony is here! *Warning: Pic changes*
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 24, 2013, 07:46:30 pm »
I look these words up, as I said, and how I used them my english teacher (8th grade) found it was okay in my writing. Though I rarely use it in real life situations really.
In Game: MoonFlower101

*Everyone dies;
                           Not Everyone Lives*

Offline Blueyi

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • omf Len Kagamine x Miku Hatsune is my OTP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 24, 2013, 11:57:33 pm »
Lol, I don't see the coolness in Wolfspeak. It's just a way to make people look cool and think they're so smart in real. It's actually quite ridiculous and confusing.

I find why people would use WOLF BONES AND PARTS OF BODY, but... wow. It's just confusing. A lot of people are probably like: ...dafuq?

I see why they would see that. I have no friends that use wolfspeak, and I'm glad! I mean, imagine your best friend that likes to rp with you doing that. And you don't want to be rude and go with the flow?

If you use wolfspeak and this offended you, Sorry! I just am confused at wolfspeak and very confused. Would you use those words in real life, like to a teacher, friend, family member, and even the FH mods? I bet none of them use wolfspeak and would be confused, too.

I use real words that I want to use, and if you use them because everyone else does it? Oh.. please don't! -sobs in corner- it's so crazy......

Besides, normal words are words that English people should understand. XD But you should really look up the words meaning before you actually use it in roleplay. Oh my, what if someone knew the true meaning of Fae?
O_O Like saying:
The fae wolf awoken from her deep slumber, stretching. Her blue optics searched the clearing, slight blurred under the circumstance that she is very lazy.
LOL :D
So....
end of rant

I ship the VOCALOIDs Miku Hatsune and Len Kagamine together. Problem?

Offline Raxoremys

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 07, 2013, 03:59:06 am »

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 07, 2013, 04:32:22 am »
I saw a person who was Wolfspeaking... I didn't understand any words but the way he was moving a bit... Its hard...
Wolfspeak is very hard to understand ^^ I mean, what just happened? Its annoying... Annoying wolfspeak happened.
I have a few wolf characters, but do they use Wolfspeak? No.
I know nothing about wolfspeak... Honestly.
This guy was using Wolfspeak in every line... *shudder*
Roleplaying needs people to understand what they are roleplaying about, for crying out loud!
Not just a roleplay line that not everyone understands, and have it accepted. ;w;
I sorreh, I speak English :D not Wolfspeak
Gah... Wolfspeak makes my brain turn to poision ice cream.

Offline Nicholette

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • The lunatic is on the grass...
    • View Profile
    • Ask the TimeTards- Tumblr
« Reply #106 on: April 07, 2013, 02:30:19 pm »
These words just want to make me go up to a wolf speaker and say: "You are wretched."

And then these people who think they can just step all over you and call you an "illiterate n00b" for not using wolf speak? Well yeah, I am literate. I post lengthy RPs and I know proper grammar and spelling. But that doesn't mean I'm any lower than you because I don't use these words that don't even make sense. I would just LOVE it if someone showed this to a wolf speaker to see how butthurt they get.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 02:35:09 pm by Nichole<3 »

And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon!

Offline ~Stargazer~

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 78
  • "Helloooo? Trickster."
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2013, 12:57:19 pm »
I laughed so hard when I saw the picture I fell out of my chair XD What The Heck!!! Look at his legs and feet XD I think he's a pirate XD

Preset Download
Will be less active until October 7th.

Wynterr X

« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2013, 03:07:27 pm »
I don't mind of the wolves have another word for humans or cars, such as "twolegs" or "monsters" as they use in warrior cats, because that makes sense, but when it comes to THAT kind of wolfspeak you posted, I hate it. It's pointless, it makes you sound like you're just trying to sound fancy, it's annoying, and half the people wouldn't even understand it. -_-  I'm not judging people who use wolfspeak, I'm judging wolfspeak itself, so no one can get mad at me for this!

Wolfspeak is stupid, incorrect, and I bet if wolves did somehow have their own language, it would be nothing like this at all. This is the reason I hate the book series Wolves of the Beyond; all they use is made up words, stupid stuff. It's not this kind of wolfspeak, but it's just as annoying!

Roleplay should be fun and easy for everyone. That's why I'm going to be very careful when I decide to join a wolf RP in game... Wolfspeak makes me almost embarrassed to admit I like wolf RP. -.-

Offline Tanikio

• Curious Wanderer
  • MAD WORLD...
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 20, 2013, 06:35:06 am »
I once was in a pack that used wolfspeak. I thought they sounded ridiculous, yet they claimed if you didnt know what these words ment, in the context they were used in, you were illiterate and shouldnt have joined. It is stupid and ridiculous.
True face exposed, dark motives in the mind
Was listening too scary for you?
You haven't changed, you never will (you never will)