Author Topic: Two Questions...  (Read 1018 times)

Offline Lunar Rush

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • That one person you saw doing that thing...
    • View Profile
Two Questions...
« on: January 29, 2013, 11:38:09 pm »
First off, hello and thank you for clicking. ^^
Any help with either of these two questions would be incredibly appreciated, as they've both been pestering me for a while now.

Question #1:
I can't seem to log in correctly most of the time.
This is a pretty simple one, though I'm not sure if anyone will be able to help. Whenever I try to log in here on the forums (up above the index), I type in my username and my password pops up in the password space. It's set to automatically do that, and I've checked many, many times to make sure it's correct. But whenever I hit enter, it just comes up with the login screen and the red "incorrect password" message. Now, when I type in the EXACT same password on that login screen, it lets me in just fine. Also, when I manually type in my password in the same spot above the index, it still says it's incorrect and brings me to the login page, where it works just fine.
Let me just say now, PLEASE don't respond to this one with "make sure you have your password typed in correctly."
I may be stupid, but I'm not THAT stupid. I've checked a ton of times. ;P

Question #2:
Solved! Thanks a ton. :D
The forum randomly changed one day to an annoying setup.
This one is pretty easy as well. I can't figure out why or how, but one day the forum on my laptop just suddenly changed to a setup where posts alternate from a black background to a white one. It's beginning to drive me crazy, because a lot of people post with light colors that are meant to be seen easily against the black background. I've tried playing with the settings, but I can't figure out what's making it do what it's doing.

That's it...
If you have any questions about either, I'd be happy to clarify parts of either one.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 12:21:43 am by Lunar »

????????-??do?d pu? ????n? ???? ??n?

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Two Questions...
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 11:59:46 pm »
For your first question just make sure you're typing your password in rig-... I'm kidding :3 but seriously are you trying to log in through the gold box at the top right? That could be why you're having trouble. I believe there's some kind of glitch with that gold box log in so if anything just log in directly to the forum in the smaller log in boxes that pop up on the left when you click "forum".

As for you second question is this what you're talking about?

If so I had the same problem a while back and sometimes it happens to me randomly. If you're using Internet Explorer try switching out of compatibility mode. If that doesn't work for you log out the forum and clear out your cache then close the window and reopen the window back to the forum. You could also try using a different browser. Usually this problem sorts itself out though.

Hope that helps :)

Offline Lunar Rush

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • That one person you saw doing that thing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 12:05:15 am »
For your first question just make sure you're typing your password in rig-... I'm kidding :3 but seriously are you trying to log in through the gold box at the top right? That could be why you're having trouble. I believe there's some kind of glitch with that gold box log in so if anything just log in directly to the forum in the smaller log in boxes that pop up on the left when you click "forum".

As for you second question is this what you're talking about?

If so I had the same problem a while back and sometimes it happens to me randomly. If you're using Internet Explorer try switching out of compatibility mode. If that doesn't work for you log out the forum and clear out your cache then close the window and reopen the window back to the forum. You could also try using a different browser. Usually this problem sorts itself out though.

Hope that helps :)

I've been trying to log in with the space right above the forum index when you click "forums" from the main page. It only shows up when you're not logged in, and is replaced by "Hello, <username>." and the "show unread posts" and all of that other stuff.

And yes, that is it.
I am in Internet Explorer, so that may be part of it. I'll try switching out of compatibility mode and all of that, and edit this if it works.

~Thanks. :D

EDIT:
It worked! :DDDD
Yep, it was compatibility mode. I had accidentally turned it on somehow.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 12:20:02 am by Lunar »

????????-??do?d pu? ????n? ???? ??n?

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 12:31:57 am »
You're welcome :3 and I'm glad it worked. Good luck logging into the forum next time ^_^.