Author Topic: Screenshots  (Read 1340 times)

Offline spiritfang11

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
Screenshots
« on: February 02, 2013, 04:53:18 am »
Screenshots of other Player's Characters?-

I'm hoping to create a screenshot collage but I wanted to make sure of something first. I looked over the rules but I didn't see much about screenshots either. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this though, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. So my question is-

If there are other players characters in a screenshot and their username is showing, is it against the rules to post it? Do you need that players permission to post it?

On the bottom of my collage I am planning on saying this also-

{If your character happens to be somewhere in my collage, your username will be visible on it to show that the charrie is yours. If you do not want it in this collage please tell me and I will remove it as soon as I can. Any characters without usernames visible are mine, [a.k.a. Rivertide, Nightlock, Kate, Autumn, and Aphrodite] if it is not mine, inform me and I will remove it asap.}
?

My DA-TigersDoRoar| My Fursona-Kivuli ___________________________________________  ?

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: Screenshots
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 05:01:26 am »
I don't see anything wrong with doing that. It is a public game after all as long as you aren't featuring offensive behavior or breaking any rules or writing some cruel or hateful captions or anything bad towards those other users it should be fine to do. Other people take screenshots all the time with other users characters & usernames in it and they don't ask for permissions.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 05:04:44 am by LordSuragaha »

Offline spiritfang11

• Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 05:02:15 am »
Ok, thanks! (:
?

My DA-TigersDoRoar| My Fursona-Kivuli ___________________________________________  ?

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 05:05:28 am »
You're welcome ^_^

Offline Sibb

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • #BusinessCat
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Sibb
    • http://sibblet.deviantart.com/
    • STEAM_0:0:71732532
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 10:32:07 am »
Like Suragaha has said and I can agree that there shouldn't be any problem with it unless the person you're taking a photo of decides to tell you they don't want you to take a picture of them, in that case then you should NOT take a picture of them if they say no.

It's common sense to follow this small basic rule in a matter of speaking, but because it's so minor, the mods might not have considered it a major rule but more of a common knowledge rule.

Signatures    |    Avatars

Offline Annagrace163

• Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Known as Zai. c:
    • View Profile
    • The Vorpal Packs (Made by me)
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 10:15:41 pm »
I don't see why not, but some players may want privacy. If they do, go to Options> Interface> Name Tag Size- And then click the check button on the box. It will not show their username nor the name of the character. If you want to see the names again, do the same thing and click on the box, then the check-mark will appear again. Hope this helps. c:

Offline Feareh

• The Jaguar Artist
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 195
  • Where is the Walrus Species?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 11:28:43 pm »
Well first off I don't find really anything wrong with you posting pictures that happens to have other characters in it. It's not like I'm going to freak out if you take a picture of me and say "Copyright....Copyright"  If you so happen to take a picture of someone else who really isn't suppose to be there, then it's fine :P

Now if you are taking a picture looking like someone else, or claiming to be someone else, then that is a problem. But as of what you are telling us then go.
Go for it girl
I Stalk from time to time...I have moved on to other things but do miss this place. Good times
Add me on discord:
Bakujio 🐺#7358