Author Topic: PRESETS~~Fur Texture  (Read 6217 times)

Offline catsanddogsandbirds

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • ~by the candelight I glow~
    • View Profile
PRESETS~~Fur Texture
« on: February 03, 2013, 03:15:25 pm »
How do you get fur textures onto presets without completely exiting out your original design on it? Example of my preset right now:

How do I make fur texture into it?

SoulRevenge

Re: PRESETS~~Fur Texture
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 03:28:37 pm »
You find your fur texture or whatever, and if it is not the default one, you'll have to go download it.

Afterwards, open it up in GIMP or whatever along with your preset files-- after locacting all the correct images that match with the others, copy-past the correct one onto the correct one. After that, you'll have to open your 'layers' tab, and select 'multiply' in the little drop-out box x3.

Blackioutie

Offline Hallucination

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 03:30:33 pm »
Use GIMP, or some other program in which you can Multiply layers. Go to your Texture folder, and find the c-textures of f-textures {feline or canine}. Just pull these up in your program, copy it, then open up your preset-picture {body, tail, head, etc} and paste it, then send to new layer. Finally, multiply both layers and it will come up textured. Merge them together and save, and you have your textured preset!

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 03:54:49 pm »
Are you using GIMP? If so just as the others said you can check out this tutorial I made it can give you a better visual of what they are telling you above ^_^ Goodluck. (though this tutorial covers how to texture your preset with the default texture this method can be applied with any texture depending where you stored the texture in your computer)

Since alot of friends and other users private message me with the same question about how to apply a fur texture on a preset here's my simple & small tutorial for you all. I'm using GIMP for this tutorial.

Say you've finished painting up your preset and it looks something like this:

Looks great so far right ;)? But after all that hard work you still feel like something is missing and you want to make it look more realistic and give it an extra little finishing touch to spice things up. How about adding a fur texture :D? Don't know how you say? Well here's how:

You'll want to start off by opening the texture in another window.The default fur texture of the game is located in your C:\>Feral Heart >Media>Textures. To find your texture click "File" then "Open" and "Local Disc C:/" on the left side corner of the window that opens then select your "Feral Heart" folder as shown below:

Next select the "Media" folder:

Next select the "Textures" folder:

Once in the "Textures" folder scroll through the list up until you find the correct texture for the part of the body you are trying to texture.
(For example in my image my preset is a canine and its the body I'm currently trying to texture so I select "cbodyshade". If I were trying to texture a canine's head though I'd select "cheadshade" or if I was working on a feline I'd select the "fheadshade" etc... It all depends on the model and what part of it's body you're working on)

Select the appropriate texture & once you've got it open click copy on the fur texture:

Then paste it to your preset:

Once the fur texture is pasted to the preset it should look like this:

Once the texture is pasted to your preset go to your "Layers box" and click the "Mode" option that I circled in red on the pic and select "multiply". Once you multiply the layer over your preset you should end up with an image like below:

Then all you have to do is save :3 and you're done. Do the same for all the other parts of your preset. If you have any questions feel free to private message me.

Offline catsanddogsandbirds

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • ~by the candelight I glow~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 04:00:43 pm »
Thanks guys, I'll try it out. :P