Author Topic: Terrain Textures not Working in Map Maker?  (Read 1996 times)

Offline spiritfang11

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
Terrain Textures not Working in Map Maker?
« on: February 07, 2013, 03:19:44 am »
Heeeellllppp...

As much as I hate to admit it, I need help. I've been trying to make a custom map and everything was working nice at first. But when I got to the terrain textures something went wrong. I figured the problem was with my terrain mask, so got off of map maker and then got back on. Using the default terrain mask I tried to change the textures once again, but they still didn't work. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Thanks!
?

My DA-TigersDoRoar| My Fursona-Kivuli ___________________________________________  ?

BouncyLion101

Re: Terrain Textures not Working in Map Maker?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 03:56:38 am »
Hm, so the texture still work ingame and only not work in map maker?
Try uninstalling FH and then downloading it again, but backup any important files.

Thierry

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 08:40:33 pm »
It just shows as one single texture?

the only suggestion i have is to try with a diferent terrain mask.

Offline Slydragon99

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
  • am dead
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 09:03:16 pm »
Are you sure you have

All the files colored correctly
All the files in the correct file to show in-game
All the names typed properly (If you have any drafts of the terrain that might be showing up instead)

It also might be something with the default terrain mask anyways. Try fixing that too. Interesting problem, so it might be hard to solve though.

art by dearhunters on da

Offline spiritfang11

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 02:30:53 am »
Are you sure you have

All the files colored correctly
All the files in the correct file to show in-game
All the names typed properly (If you have any drafts of the terrain that might be showing up instead)

It also might be something with the default terrain mask anyways. Try fixing that too. Interesting problem, so it might be hard to solve though.

I'm almost positive I have them colored correctly, I used the blue, green, and red.
I think they're in the correct file, terrains folder right?
I don't have any drafts, and the name is correct - It's NameMask right?

Thanks (:

It just shows as one single texture?

the only suggestion i have is to try with a diferent terrain mask.

None of the textures work or change when I click on them. It's just always.. African Grass.
I tried that already, as I said before, I tried using the default.

Thanks (:

Hm, so the texture still work ingame and only not work in map maker?
Try uninstalling FH and then downloading it again, but backup any important files.

I'm not sure what you mean by ingame. The textures do not work in map maker, just African grass.
I'll try uninstalling after I get a few more answers.

Thanks (:
?

My DA-TigersDoRoar| My Fursona-Kivuli ___________________________________________  ?

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 05:38:32 am »

I'm not sure what you mean by ingame. The textures do not work in map maker, just African grass.
I'll try uninstalling after I get a few more answers.

Thanks (:

I'm not 100% sure if this will work but often it fixes most problems. Delete your Feralheart folder and re-download the Feralheart Game Setup from the forum. Make a back up folder of any files you don't want to lose such as downloaded maps, presets, objects etc ;)
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 11:19:31 am »
To ensure you actually make the mask correctly, try double checking wiff dis tut
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN6lMKdKBkQ&list=PLCrTZGtLFJkJeB1qYGae-WGR_gSEj_xPf&index=2

Another thing that I want to point out since I'm not sure how you did this after reading the post if you actually make it correctly.

When you save your terrainmask, make sure you actually overwrite the old copy of it that didn't look as planned, but also you "MUST" restart the game in order for the terrainmask changes to take place, otherwise it will just keep showing the old one.

And just some info ontop of that.
Another thing is that if you for some reason like to check the map inside the game with your character and not only in the map maker, is that the exported map works as 1 map, the one you edit in the map maker is another, which means if you export a map you will have 2 copies of the same map in cape until you remove the exported one, meaning that changes you make to the one in the map maker will not show on the exported one, and you must check which one of these portals that is the one in your map folder for the map maker.

Non the less, if you have issues with either, just check on the tutorial linked at top and it will explain what you need to know in order to get a terrainmask into your map.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Toxicthewolf9

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • The world is strange...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2016, 01:48:17 am »
Ummm okay... so when I make my maps... the terrain mask when I go to put it in with red blue and green it crashes when the mask has those colors.... but if I have one color like green it works fine but the ground textures are still the african grass *even in the default maps*  :(
~?Ingame name: Toxicthewolf9?~

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2016, 03:31:25 am »
Please refrain from replying to old Help topics. This thread was last active in 2013. If you are having an issue with the game, please either look through previous topics to see if you can find the answer to your situation, or create your own topic for other users to help you. Locking this up.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.